06-11-2009, 01:26 PM
| || |
Super Moderator / Super Mom
| || |
Join Date: Aug 2007
Thanked 685 Times in 524 Posts
SHINE for fatigue
To Get Well, Think "SHINE!" |
There are five key areas that need to be treated for your "circuit breaker to turn back on" and for fatigue and pain to resolve. These are:
1. Sleep. Because the hypothalamic "circuit breaker" that is offline controls sleep, most patients need a mix of natural and prescription sleep treatments. To get well and pain free, it is critical that you take enough of the correct natural and prescription sleep treatments to get 8 to 9 hours sleep each night! I prefer to start with natural therapies. An excellent one that I developed is "Revitalizing Sleep Formula" by Enzymatic Therapies (100% of my royalties for all products I develop are donated to charity). The Sleep Formula includes theanine, Jamaican Dogwood, wild lettuce, valerian, passionflower, and hops. Take 1-4 capsules 1 hour before bedtime. Prescription sleep aids are also appropriate in this setting, provided that the correct ones are used.
2. Hormonal deficiencies. The hypothalamus is the main control center, via the pituitary, for most of the glands in the body. Most of the normal ranges for our blood tests were not developed in the context of hypothalamic suppression or these syndromes. Because of this (and for a number of other reasons) it is usually necessary to treat with natural thyroid, adrenal (e.g., glandulars such as Adrenal Stress End and DHEA), and ovarian and testicular hormones - despite normal blood tests! These hormones have been found to be reasonably safe when used in low doses.
3. Infections. Many studies have shown immune system dysfunction in CFS/FMS, which can result in many unusual infections. These include viral infections (we are seeing dramatic benefits by treating HHV 6 and CMV viral infections), parasites and other bowel infections, and most importantly fungal/candida infections.
4. Nutritional supplementation. Widespread nutritional deficiencies are common and require dozens of nutrients to resolve. This is why I developed the "Energy Revitalization System." People are tired of being part of the "Handful Club" - taking handfuls of supplement tablets each day to get the nutrition they need. The Energy Revitalization System vitamin powder contains 50 key nutrients in 1 capsule and is taken as a good-tasting drink. A new nutrient discovery called "ribose" is also revolutionizing how CFS/FMS, and even heart disease, are being treated (discussed in the next section).
5. Exercise as able. Donít push yourself to where you crash the next day. You will find your ability to walk increases after 10 weeks of being on the other treatments. At that point you can increase your walking by up to a minute each day.