Coping With Epilepsy VNS Message Board
Free Advertisement

Go Back   Epilepsy Forum > Peer Support > The Kitchen

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Joined the Party

3-D Movies...Do they cause seizures???

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday to all.
My daughter wants to go to a 3-D movie with me, but is worried that it may induce a seizure in me. I have been recently diagnosed with Epilepsy and have 4 Grand Mal seizures since August of 2011. My neurologist never mentioned I shouldn't go to something like that, so I don't really know what to do. Has anyone ever had a problem with 3-D movies provoking seizures? I told her I'd check with the EXPERTS!...EVERYONE HERE!...LOL...so, let me know so I can ease her mind! She does worry about me so much with EVERYTHING we do!!! Thank you!!
Add Post to del.icio.usStumble this Post!Reddit!
Old 09-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator / Spaminator

Thanked 1,160 Times in 857 Posts
I've never been to a 3D movie but I would think that whether it provokes a seizure would depend on whether or not someone is photosensitive or not.

Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer, hope you don't mind.
Old 09-11-2011, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator / Thank You Queen

Thanked 5,029 Times in 3,875 Posts
You might be interested in this thread: Three D movies safe?

3-D movies haven't ever bothered me. I am not photosensitive, but folks who are should proceed with caution.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Venerable Voice of CWE

I've been to several 3-D movies and I've never had any sort of problem.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Joined the Party

Thanks for the reply everyone. I really didn' tthink it would be a problem...but I wanted my daughter to see replies from others too!

Could you please explain when you said,:"Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer"

Epileric
I am fairly new here and I really don' tunderstand what that means. Did I post it in the wrong place? Sorry if I did.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator / Spaminator

Thanked 1,160 Times in 857 Posts
Originally Posted by iloveshelties View Post:
Could you please explain when you said,:"Also, I moved your post to the kitchen since you've already introduced yourself in the foyer"
Not a problem, you'll get the hang of this place. We've got a bunch of rooms at this party, of course the foyer is where everyone posts to introduce themselves. That's where you first posted this thread (no big deal, I moved it).

Each room says what it's for underneath to make things easier. If you post in the wrong place, one of the moderators will move it no problem. I just wanted to let you know I'd moved your post so you don't get confused.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Weaving the Community Fabric

Send a message via Yahoo to bazpa
Going to the movies, is where I first started noticing that something weird was happening. When things really progressed, just trying to watch a movie didn't work out for me. I would start watching, then the next thing I knew was that the credits were rolling, and I had no clue what I just watched. It took a long time to be diagnosed, so thank god for the lifetime channel! They play the same movie over 10 times a weekend. I would finally get to see most of it that way. I went to Pirates of the Car. 3D a couple of months ago, and even had some small issues on meds. Hopefully you are not that sensitive. Best of luck.