About Neurofeedback? Cost?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

AndrewIrish

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've never been able to get an EEG... never been able to afford one... I was looking into neurofeedback and they're giving you an eeg, right? They hook you up to an eeg and coach you into changing you brrain waves but you're still getting an eeg right? After neurofeedback can you get a printout of the eeg you've had or 'spike points'? If I could get the results of one and research how to read my own waves, might be helpful... (I don't make enough money to see a Doctor on a consistent basis... never will....)

I've also read and this may be way off, that neurofeedback 'sessions' are only about $100 a visit right?

Most neurofeedback providers these days will conduct a QEEG mapping before starting any training protocol (need to see where you are at before you can plot a path to where you want to be).

I don't believe the QEEG is the same thing as the EEG done by neuros to check for epileptiform activity.

Sessions cost will vary with each provider, but generally, the initial session (where the QEEG is done) is more expensive than the regular sessions. The QEEG takes longer (and time is money).

When I inquired into neurofeedback, I believe the QEEG was going to cost around $500, and the practitioner also wanted access if possible to official EEGs done by my neurologist.

Many people are capable of controlling their bodies actions/thoughts/feelings/brainwaves which is the goal of neurofeedback. Try a yoga class online at home or something similar for free and you may realize your hidden talent.
Often when I feel a thought that feels oh so similar to a seizure I have to focus extremely hard on something opposite otherwise I feel a seizure will occur. I have never had neurofeedback training, but have learned not to give in to every inclination this brain of mine offers.

Back
Top Bottom