Aches and Pains

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RobinN

Super Mom
Reaction score
Rebecca has been complaining of aches and pains for a while now. When she was recently on Lamictal it was so bad she was unable to move without it hurting. It moved into a fever and sore throat. We were told to end that prescription and the worse pain went away. We have started on Trileptal...still a very low dose, and she is continuing complaining of body aches.

I don't know if it is her med, or perhaps due to the added progesterone. She might be feeling all the aches and pains that go along with her m. cycle, and yet I would think that would ebb and flow. This is a constant dull ache she says.

I have considered her water intake, and will monitor that closely as I know after a massage (ah.. that sounds nice) my muscles ache for quite some time. With her activity level due to her figure skating, I would think the muscles are thirsty and need to be flushed of the added toxins.

I really don't know what else to think and I will make a doctors appt when I am sure they won't tell me to drink more water and to take advil. If any of you have experienced this while on meds, or have any ideas I would sure be grateful. This is truly impacting the quality of her life.

Robin:

Ask your Neuro about the "salt tablets"
you can get those over the counter. If
it is happening before her cycle, those
tablets do work for some women and if
they don't interfere with her meds, and
it's a heck a lot better than Diamox.

He/She might suggest you to break a
tablet in half and drink it with water, since
she's an active little gal! So there shouldn't
be any problems with that. Consult with
the Doctor first and do not impart this
upon yourself.

Robin I had trouble with Trilep and water.......

Since getting on Trileptal, I can't keep enough water in me it seems and the joint pain can be unbearable at times! I'm a big guy and the knees don't hold me up as readily as they used to. Hands and knees were the worst. I thought I was getting arthritis....but a MAJOR increase in water would make the pain go away!

MIXED BAG here----too much water can mess up that system!.....be careful! I had to ALSO get my levels checked more often to insure I wasn't washing it through!

I continue to suspect Trileptal as the main cause of my pains....increasing water intake TEMPORARILY is my solution so far!

Good luck!
:rock:

Last edited:
Oh good that is what I was thinking. She is also on Trileptal

Certainly would rather it be water than another med for the pain. We have started a chart to keep track of her intake of H2O.

Back
Top Bottom