Alittle Over a week more and I will have my VEEG!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I know I should remain CALM.... But It kind of has me nervous about me leaving the kids! Im not really all that nervous about getting the VEEG done.

I am so concerned with how the kids are going to be, that Ive made up "To Do Lists" for my husband! LOL I want to make sure the kids get everything they need, and make sure they get themselves cleaned and ready for school in the mornings. My husband is NOT a morning person. He can hardly wake himself up in an hour on his days off. He has March 7th through the 15th off.
My mom and husband will be going back and fourth, taking turns being with me through out the time Im doing the VEEG. It sucks the hospital I will be going to is not in our town, its 40 minutes away. But its ok. I had to confirm my appointment the other day and its finally sinking in, I should be going through things and figuring out what to take with me! The last thing I want to be is bored! LOL

Hi, Momofthreeboys,

You will be okay. It will all be okay. I bet by the 2nd day you'll be telling your family to go home, get some rest, that you'll be fine. Nothing hurts (except for a little bit when they put the IV line in, in case of an emergency), and they'll take good care of you.

One big reason I did like having a family member around is that after the 2nd day, the doctor let my family member get me up and help me into the bathroom instead of waiting for a nurse. That little convenience meant so much to me. I felt like I could be leisurely and take all the time I wanted, especially in the morning when I took the lovely "sink bath," and changed my clothes. The other reasons are since they wouldn't let me out of bed, there was someone to reach stuff I needed and fetch me REAL food (not hospital food!). I really didn't need companionship. A good book was really all I needed, but I know some folks like someone around all the time. :)

Really, it's all going to be okay. No worries.

P.S. It'll be good if a little chaos reigns at your house. They'll appreciate you even more after you come home!

Back
Top Bottom