allergies cause increased seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

gr33nr0se

New
Reaction score
i know i haven't been on for a while. how is everyone? my seizures, overall have gotten alot better, except for today. My seasonal allergies have gotten really bad and today i had a ton of shakes. (repetitive myoclonic jerks where i am only half aware). i also bit my tongue at some point today. the last time i missed a dose was over a week ago. and the depakote is causing me to lose hair. can allergies make all of this worse?

oh and btw,my dr is in the process of diagnosing my random severe overheating as complex partials. its the only thing that makes sense considering the seizures it makes me have.

I noticed this happened to my son last year with allergy season. When he had "itchy face" his seizures increased.

This year he does not seem to have the same allergy symptoms...he is battling strep and a cough. I have not noticed increased seizures despite all the pollen in the air.

Allergies aren't officially considered a trigger, but I've read a lot of anecdotal evidence that seems to confirm that they can be. Any kind of physical or physiological stressor can potentially be a trigger it seems so allergies could definitely play a role.

Back
Top Bottom