Anger or other strong emotions after a seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Does anyone have some strong emotionally reactions after seizures? I didn't pay attention at first when I had seizures, I just assumed what I felt was just me. But I notice when my seizures occur in large clusters. Or I have a really long one I tend to eventually get to a point where I get angry. Today was a very long day, and the seizures seemed to stretch on forever. So near late evening my seizure threshold must increase I think, because I won't have auras typically. I was post ictal, but as soon as I came around. I just turned into the hulk or something. I got so angry and I am really curious about this. Anyone have similar experiences?

Yes, either right before or after I will go into a rage sometimes. I think it is because the feeling of losing control which is fustrating at times.

Interesting, no I kind of turn into a little girl. When I finally come to enough to comprehend, I usually curse, turn my head and pout before falling asleep again. I am quiet and almost shy. I act like my daughter when she's tired. I dont' get angry until I've slept the day away.

For me, I remember getting really scared before a seizure came on, thats when I would get the aura before the seizure. But there were times I wouldnt get the aura and not know the seizure was going to happen, only to come to after the seizure was over, and start crying. I felt bad, angry and horriable that another seizure happened. Last year during my VEEG, before the seizure came on, I had a aura, that has the feeling of fear and sadness... that there told me something was about to happen... seconds later the seizure came on. So I think its totally normal to have a bunch of different emotions after the seizure is over.

Back
Top Bottom