Anxiety Shaking Before Seizure? Remembering Seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PC1989

New
Reaction score
I know it's pretty much impossible to remember a seizure, unless they're partial.

Last night I had what I think may have been a complex partial. Then in the middle of the night something else funny happened.

Around 5:30pm I was going down town to meet my boyfriend off work and go grocery shopping. I felt strange, I didn't remember getting to work, and I had memory lapses (like my brain was skipping). I don't remember much of my boyfriend coming to see me. The next thing I notice is that I'm still at work, it's 7:46pm and I am ungodly tired. I fell asleep. I felt depressed but then the depression lifted around 9:30pm.

I went to bed around midnight (did taxes late ;)) and woke up shivering/shaking, needing to pee. I went to the bathroom still shivering/shaking and then tried to call my boyfriend, but he was in too deep asleep. I felt the shaking increase in intensity so I laid down and my muscles clenched up for a good 30 seconds, then I shook. I hurt my left shoulder and it still hurts. After the clenching stopped I felt tingling all down my left side, but mostly in my left shoulder. It felt like my left side was sparking.

After that, I don't know. I might have just felt better and went to sleep. My boyfriend was sleeping in the other room. I woke up on my back, something I never do (I always sleep on my stomach - I can never fall asleep on my back). I woke up to the familiar "out of it" feeling, mild headache, depression, sleepiness and my shoulder still really hurts.

Could the shaking have been anxiety and is it possible to have anxiety with shaking before a seizure event?

Hi, PC. :)

What you experienced could have been a seizure, or it could have been a sleep disorder. The fact that you fell asleep at work might have been a clue, also that all this occured around times when you were asleep or about to be asleep.

It sounds like it could be a nocturnal seizure, too. The shaking and time gaps clues. Lots of people have most of their seizures at night.

Have you called your neurologist and told him about all this? It may be a good time to go in for an appointment.

Back
Top Bottom