Any advice for treatment plan

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jfittler

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, so I heaqrd from my neuro today and he wasnt really that much help. I told him my episodes had gotten worse and that I couldnt get into get my 5 day ambulatory eeg until november, he wasnt even going to suggest this it only my gp booked me in for it that he went along with it. He said well I guess we will just put you back on the epilum and see how you feel. ?? he didnt even want to find out if I am having seizures before he puts me on meds or why. no mri. I said but what about the eeg wont being in epiluum dfeat the purpose, so he said I could go on it and then stop it before the test. My question is the past week or so I have only been having very mild episodes when I fall asleep or in the middle of the night, that wake me anyway I have no idea whats going on when Im asleep so Im at a lose as to wether stay off the meds and wait for the eeg since Im only having episodes every few days and there not as bad as they were ( I think this is due to the fact I am not stressing out so much maybe???) Or go on the meds and then off them before my eeg?? Does anyone have any advice. Im not even sure I am having seizures, my eeg didnt show actual seizre activity it said :

Througout therecording irregular moderate voltage at times focal 4-7Hz slow wave activity was recordered over both hemishpheresbeing more marked over the temporal regiond with a left focal emphasis. Hyperventalation was performed well for 2 minutes only as patient got dizzy and this procedure eh=nhanced the posterior dominant activity.
The patient become droswey and went into a light sleepfor a short period of timr and normal rythms of drowsiness and light sleep were recorded. During the drosy period there was some enhancement of the irregular bitemporal theta activity again with a left sided emphasis.
Conclusion. A mildly abnormal eeg with low amplitude left >right focal slowing.

Im confused as to what to do any advice would be appreciated.

On another note it is weird to me it said it is more in the left side as I always except once or twice feel the electricity feel and pain in the right side always.

My GP is inclined to think it has something to do with the nerves in my neck but I dont get how nerves in the neck could do this to someone as all the symptoms are classic TLE simple patrial , and at time I think complex partials.

x Julie

Back
Top Bottom