anyone also have hyperacusis n tinnitus, along with epilepsy?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I experience tinnitus mainly when I have post-ictal psychosis- but I do experience it sometimes after a 'normal' seizure.

i have tinnitus, have had it most of my life, long before epilepsy,

I have tinnitus, but I did it to myself. When I was a teen, I had listened to music, walkmans, cd players, etc. at night as loud as possible to try to go to sleep. (didn't work to well back then)

I have migraines & partial seizures but think the tinnitus if from meniere's disease.

I have tinnitus, I'll hear ringing in my ears. It happens all the time on and off through the day. I've never noticed it happening right before or after a seizure.

Some of the side effects of Topamax and Tegretol (which I'm on) are ringing in the ears. Other meds could cause it too.

I've never had any problems with hyperacusis and I've been to many places where it is loud, mostly concerts. That could also be a side effect of a medicine too.

After seizures I'll sometimes have a horrible migraine headache. I know that any sort of noise will usually cause the migraine to get worse. Sometimes I'll put earplugs. Other times I'll listen to soft music on my headphones. I'm surprised because that actually seems to reduce the migraine some.

Ive had tinnitus for about 5 years, even before my diagnosis. Luckily it's only in one ear now so it's easier to cope with.

I haven't been diagnosed as having hyperacusis, but I do have mild tinnitus and sound is my biggest trigger for seizures, its like a sensory overload, things just keep getting louder and louder, getting more and more staticy until I have a seizure and reboot.
Also if I have even just a mild headache, noise can, but not every time, accelerate it very rapidly to an almost migraine level headache which is almost incapacitating.

Back
Top Bottom