anyone else made scary noises during a seizure ?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

vapour

New
Reaction score
Hi all. There is one symptom that Ive only actually had twice to my knowledge that I have not told anyone because it scared me alot.

I decided to open up and ask on a post here, because I thought perhaps it might free me of this burden.

The first time it happened (to my knowledge) was about a year ago. It was during a complext partial seizure.. I was half aware...

Basically I made a noise I cant really explain but it was .. and I hate to say this... to me...sounded like a demon or something. I heard like a screech of some kind. (note.. I do not have TC's)

Then about 3 weeks ago it happened again. I heard myself make a noise like a hissing noise that sounded so horrible

Its kinda scared me a little... scared me of myself and has put fear into my heart..

Was wondering if anyone else has had something similar happen ?

Granted.. I could be hearing things becuase Im in a partial seizure.. but I recognise my mouth moving during making these sounds. Im just unable to do anything about it.

Although it's a bit less common, people do make weird noises, screams, and moans during complex partials. Has anyone else heard you make this noise? Maybe you could record the sound?

Just as experiment, I would recommend concentrated meditation focused on changing the hissing sound to your favorite song or something benign like "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". "Plan" to make it less scary, or go away entirely.

Oh yes,just before i go into a tonic ive been told i let out a yell,also i saw someone have a tonic and before it they kind of went yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah which got progresvly louder before they fell over,intresting thread.

I scream just as the seizure starts - first one was simple partial motor onset, secondarily generalized into TC; all others have been simple partial motor, no TC. The first one scared me so badly when I felt it coming on that I meant to scream, but wasn't sure if anything came out because I was already starting to black out. My dad said that I screamed three times. In fact, that's usually the pattern; I feel it coming on, I scream three times. The first time I wanted to scream, but other times I don't mean to. However, one of the last times I had a seizure, my dad says I screamed about 12 times. Even though I don't think I ever lost conciousness, I certainly don't remember screaming that much. I had been doing yard work and my dad says that he heard the first 3 and thought I was having a seizure, but then I continued to scream, so he thought I had seen a snake or something. It really shocked me when he told me I had screamed 12 times!

Back
Top Bottom