Anyone with a job or disability?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I'm currently working full-time at a contact center, but I've been written up twice for my attendance, and I'm on the brink of being fired for it. The crappy part about everything is that my neurologist won't assist me with disability or FMLA, so I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

I've been doing freelance music work which is my dream job, but it doesn't pay the rent unfortunately.

I have been on disability since 2000. Not for E though. I have recently been feeling like my life isn't useful. Even though I know it is, just not the way it had been once. After all is through with my Mom I have plans to go to the nursing home in town to spend just a couple hours a week with patients who have no family, need someone to read to them or just hold their hand. I am looking forward to this and it is so important to me. None of us know if we will be in this situation one day. I would like to believe someone would be there for me and I CAN do this!!!! :)

I have been on disability since 2000. Not for E though. I have recently been feeling like my life isn't useful. Even though I know it is, just not the way it had been once. After all is through with my Mom I have plans to go to the nursing home in town to spend just a couple hours a week with patients who have no family, need someone to read to them or just hold their hand. I am looking forward to this and it is so important to me. None of us know if we will be in this situation one day. I would like to believe someone would be there for me and I CAN do this!!!! :)

Your situation sounds really good. I just got dissaproved for disability but Idk if I'm going to try again. Also I wanted to add, I'm involved in this Adopt a senior program. Where volenteers go to nursing homes to earn volenteer hours. They can be anywhere from 8-idek how old. : 3.
Also Its a great way to socialize. put smiles on the seniors faces.
I dont have a job, but I'm going to get one. I'm thinking about signing up for an internship. I have a part time job filing for a PTA on fridays....: ) :woot:

I've been on Disability since 1984 my seizures just gotten worse as I've gotten older.Mine has been for my epilepsy .I don't work but I use to volunteer a lot and I'm hoping to get back into volunteering.

Hello everyone! Thanks to the last few that commented, much appreciated. Again, lets see if there's any newbies or people have missed this question. Bump

i work full-time in the justice system as a peace officer..... i was hired in March 2014, and I just went on medical leave because I had a seizure in June 2014. I was reprimanded for "forgetting things" and for making mistakes. I have learned from it, and unfortunately, I am pretty sure my employer has already made the decision to let me go. UNFAIR

Back
Top Bottom