Aptiom

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinyfrogs

New
Reaction score
Has anyone tried aptiom? I finally saw a new neurologist today. She ordered an eeg for the end of this month but for now has prescribed aptiom. I looked it up and it says it is for use in combination with other meds. So I was just wondering is anyone taking this and does it work by itself? I was on trileptal for about 2 years and it worked good for me as far as cutting down on the seizures and not having too many side effects.

Hi tinyfrogs,

I've never used Aptiom (eslicarbazepine) but it works on it's on besides other medications as I've checked it for you but other members will reply in due course.

I hope the bit of info below helps besides the link :)

What is Aptiom?

Aptiom (eslicarbazepine) is an anticonvulsant. It works by decreasing nerve impulses that cause seizures and pain.

Aptiom is used together with other medications to treat partial-onset seizures in adults.

Aptiom may also be used for purposes not listed in this medication guide.

http://www.drugs.com/aptiom.html

http://www.rxeconsult.com/healthcar...etate-Approval-Side-Effects-Dosing-Cost--603/

Thanks, I've read all that. I still don't understand how or if anyone has ever tried it by itself and if it worked. There doesn't seem to be any info on using aptiom as a stand-alone med. I've only had 3 days of it so far. I guess by the time I have the EEG on the 30th I should know more.

tinyfrogs, how did it go?

Tinyfrogs, I was wondering how the Aptiom worked for you. I just started taking it after my 2nd seizure. So I was wondering if you noticed any big side effects or anything that might be helpful for me to know.
-Thanks!!

I ended up not being on it for very long. I have some other health issues and aptiom was making my depression worse. My neurologist talked to my psychiatrist and I got changed back to generic trileptal (oxcarbazepine). Aptiom is suppose to work better with less side effects for lots of people so it was definitely worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom