Aura's are just joyous, aren't they!?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

sacattack

New
Reaction score
So aura's ... I've had them since I was in 6th grade.
I would lose half my vision and then have a horrible "have to sleep it off" headache.

When 15, when I was in the process of being diagnosed with Wegener's Disease, my aura's turned into flashing lights and an odd urge to turn my head to the right and look as if something was behind me. I ended up having siezures. I don't remember being given a seizure diagnosis because I remember being it connected to the Wegener's. I went to Duke for 15 days, got really sick overall, had an open brain biopsy to see the extent of the disease in my brain, and then within days, I was in remission.

In terms of seizures, I didn't have any again until I was 21. It felt like I froze ... fixed stare and a sudden feeling of "oh shit, somethings wrong". Grand Mal seizure from scar tissue that formed after the brain biopsy.

Well...here I am, 31, and I have horrible aura's. No headache...no seizure but it's like my vision turns into a disco and I have to sit down...I get dizzy but nothing happens. I take tylenol and after about 20 mins the aura goes away and everythign goes back to normal.

Yes, I know I need to talk to my nuero but what is going on with me...does anyone know or have any insight? Am I just having migrain auras with no headache or is this some sort of new seizure cropping up? All I now is I get exhausted and I get scared.

i sometimes feel dizzy before i have a complex partial seizure. if i can feel it coming on then i can get sombody to help me get me somewhere safe so i can then sit down and get past it. then afterwards i feel really tired but otherwise everything is fine again.
i think you will find that many people will feel the same as you, so there is no need to think there is something wrong with you. talk to your doctor as soon as you can if you are worried or if you think something doesn't feel right

Sounds scary. Take care of yourself, and I hope you get the answers you're looking for when you see the neuro.

nope, your not alone. I get the flashing lights and holes with light comming thru. freaks me out, then feel like im being squeezed and every muscle in body wants to stretch, then i feel like im drugged, like someone slipped me a micky when i wasnt lookin, that scares the bahebajeba's out of me. i usually sit there, think about it, how long it will take, an about an hour later, im good as new. i haven t been told much, dr did say simple/complex partials. I should take my meds, but not until they give me concrete diagnosis or i have a tonic-clonic seizure, which ever comes first!

i call it the "mopy dopy" stage, dog tired for about an hour, then good as new. I tried editing, it wouldnt let me.

Back
Top Bottom