Auras with "Pins & Needles" sensation?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

momof3boys

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had auras that included the sensation of "Pens & Needles"?

Im finding more information on what I experienced with being on a decreased amount of Keppra, the feeling of Pens and Needles in my hands and feet, its part of the aura, before a seizure would occur.

I never had this happen before, but I saw it happening alot after my neuro started to wean me off the Keppra. I got down to 2500mgs, and the more I weaned myself, the more it started to happen. But since going back to 3000mgs, its no longer happening.

According to this the sensation of pins and needles is common in a simple partial seizure. I often have the sensation when I wake up during the night in my hands but, it doesn't lead to a seizure. It's annoying enough without having a seizure as well.

According to this the sensation of pins and needles is common in a simple partial seizure. I often have the sensation when I wake up during the night in my hands but, it doesn't lead to a seizure. It's annoying enough without having a seizure as well.

Yeah, I had it mostly in my hands and feet. Ive noticed since increasing my keppra, that I dont have it no longer! :)

Just had this today. I have simple partial seizures and all I experience is the aura. I get a feeling of deja vu, racing thoughts, bad smell, pins and needles through out my body and upset stomach. I feel really tired and dizzy afterwards.

momof3boys - I have small seizures similar to that in my hands and feet. Not exactly a pins and needles sensation for me, but close enough. Pins and needles can have many causes though. I would let my neurologist know next time you see them.
Glad it's gone away!

I don't always have a simple partial before I go into a complex or grand mal. Sometimes during a simple partial I'll get what I call tingling, which is what you could be calling pins and needles. It will happen in my lips, fingers and toes.

I have a VNS and when this happens I'll know to use my magnet.

I get tingling up the left side of my neck, head, hands, & feet but don't know if it's related to my partial seizures or not.

Back
Top Bottom