bad flu and seizure... question?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

cadsgj

Stalwart
Reaction score
Bad flu (not gone yet), and a major seizure, beyond my norm. Not sure just which type of seizure it was. My norm with seizures are complex and simple partial, but my recent seizure was me getting dizzy - with my temp at 103.8 - things slowly started going grey and getting darker, started slipping and almost falling, trying to figure out just where I was, what was happening. Well, when talking with the nurse in the hospital, she tells me it was a seizure, but that is all she knows. When my wife gets back in town I get to go home, but I have no idea what type of seizure it was... any ideas if this would be grand mal? It certainly is not my normal complex or simple partial... :ponder:

Oh, forgot to mention, i did not have anything that happened to or hurt myself. Nothing... no bruises, bumps or falling marks, mouth fine, nothing hurting after aside from a huge headache...

With things going grey and getting darker, it sounds like what I experience when I go from a CP into a TC. But for me, everything gets sooooo loud that I can't stand it, then I'm out.... next thing I know I may be in the ER or lying on the floor or ground. The headache sometimes lasts for a day or two. Sometimes I hurt all over or broke my glasses or bruised my self, other times none of that.

that's really interesting.... I had those symptoms before, but I haven't been diagnosed with E yet....I just figured it was the same as all my other episodes, even though it was different. I honestly just considered them the same, and I believe my episodes to be simple partial/ complex partial seizures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My first (diagnosed) seizure happened during the flu. I had a high fever, was asleep on the couch, and my mother witnessed it. After the hospital stay and subsequent E diagnosis, I figured out with my neuro that I'd had a few nocturnal ones that I didn't recognize (woke up having wet the bed, disoriented, etc.)
I notice now when I get the flu or a bad head cold that I get a similar feeling like what you describe. Neuro hasn't made much of it, but then again, my current neuro isn't too "in depth" with my seizures. Only cares about the major ones with a witness.

Back
Top Bottom