Bouncing back after seizures - psychological or physiological?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

masterjen

New
Reaction score
Had a seizure cluster last night and am still struggling to "come back" to reality mentally and physically. Got to wondering: how much is the mental side (feeling like you're in a different dimension than the rest of the world around you, too exhausting to think, reduced motivation, etc.) of seizure recovery psychological versus physiological?

Ooh good question!

6 of one half a dozen of the other. Post ictal is defintely a liminal kinda space where reality is really real to you and not shared by anyone else. I went through a stage of trying to write poems to capture post ictal-ality.

After a tonic clonic in my teens I needed 6 hours sleep and I was good to go now in my late 30's it can take me up to 2 days to pyshically recover from a seizure. I am much more aware of my moods fluctuating.

So I honestly feel there is a real correlation between the two.

Q

+1 that just about sums up my experience QueenieKP. It's like anything- you find you could always do more of it when younger lol

I did have a t-c on the way to the pub Friday night (great way to start the weekend) so was a bit mashed for a while but carried on not too bad. However, I've been in bed most of the weekend just recovering- mentally and physically- and not just coz of a hangover like usual :(

Back
Top Bottom