bulletproof coffee

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pricilla

New
Reaction score
Yes, I made it this morning, and it was pretty freaking good. I made it with mct oil, the grass fed gelatin and some pumpkin spice and - YUM.

Question, has anyone tried this and noticed improved clarity, "brain energy" and all the other claims? :ponder:
I really would love for it to! I know there is a bunch of buzz out there about it.
It fits in with my keto diet I have going on.

I've heard a little goes a long way, so be careful not to overdo (especially if you have any issues with cholesterol).

I've never heard of this before, I'll have to check it out.

I've heard a little goes a long way, so be careful not to overdo (especially if you have any issues with cholesterol).
No, I really don't think it's a cholesterol issue. The MCT oil can actually improve your "good" cholesterol while reducing your bad cholesterol. Also the whole cholesterol paradigm has pretty much been proven to have been hogwash all along. I mean the cover of Time Magazine even says "Eat Butter" and totally retracted the frowny face bacon and eggs cover they did years ago. (Not that magazine covers are scientific proof of anything other than that mainstream science agrees that cholesterol does not have anything to do with heart disease.)

The issue with Dave and his Bulletproof coffee is the caffeine. If you blend up a cup with decaf, it would be a very healthy drink. But I think Dave is selling the "energy boosting" and "mental clarity" from the highly caffeinated standpoint.

Gelatin and MCT oil are two incredibly healthy substances but a brain with a lower than average seizure threshold does not need that kind of "doing speed".

The issue with Dave and his Bulletproof coffee is the caffeine. If you blend up a cup with decaf, it would be a very healthy drink. But I think Dave is selling the "energy boosting" and "mental clarity" from the highly caffeinated standpoint.

OH yes I use decaf or the maxwell lite which has 1/2 the caffeine. I can't do much of it or I turn in to an angry hammy off the over the hedge movie. lol

That's good. Dave has his own "proprietary blend" of coffee that he sells that is for the serious caffeine fiend.

eh, im not buying into his whole "upgraded" products... sure with an upgraded price too!

I had to quit coffee along time ago b/c of the caffine. I've discovered a most DELICIOUS substitute. You may have heard of it - Dandy Blend. It's made from dandilion root and tastes sooo much like coffee!
I get it from Vita-cost.

I don't use the decaf coffee, b/c that's worse than the coffee w/ caffine. Decaf coffee still has trace amounts of caffine, plus the added chemicals that were used to strip it of caffine in the first place.

I use a brand called Teechino that is a roasted dandelion root drink. I know the Dandy Blend people claim there is no gluten left in their mix after the grains are processed and they are probably right but the Teechino people make a whole line of totally grain free blends.

WHAT? y'all are opening my mind to so many things!!! Going to go check this out!!!! O.O
edit: vitacost has the teechino in the vanilla nut and caramel nut.... they may have made their way to my growing basket ;)

Last edited:
The Teechino brand does have a line of grain based drinks too so unless it says "dandelion roast" it is not the one I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom