Can epilepsy be positive?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

^yeah, I feel similar. A long time ago I had a cracked molar and left it that way, and my sensitivity to certain foods was increased the point where I had to avoid certain ones. Probably with no co-incidence the foods which were considered processed were the only ones that really hurt me.

With the epilepsy though, it seems so backwards. I can eat tons of sugar and it never triggers me, while foods i previously considered top quality seem to trigger me, but with the epileptic activity it is really so difficult and sometimes so random. In any event, I just will not eat potato chips anymore. If there is one thing the epilepsy had taught me is that the governments have had cautionaries out regarding acrylamide for almost a decade now. I can eat them no problem, in small amounts, a handful or two, but one night I ate two bags for some unknown binge eating reason, and that was probably no co-incidence that it triggered epileptic activity.

Last edited:
The other nasty thing about a lot of store bought potato chips is that they fry them in the cheapest grease available usually soy or corn oil. Have you considered that the problem is really the glutamate? The GARD protocol is working really well for me.

It could be anything. Even psychogenic to a certain degree. I have heard of glutimate before. When my seizure activity first became regular, I did switch to fats only. For some reason sunflower seeds were a heavenly remedy. Tbh, my food sensitivities seem to have reduced significanly over the course of several months, so while I haven't figured out exactly what has triggered it, forgetting that at one point I was positive foods were a trigger, is most probably detrimental to my health as no triggering does not mean certain foods are prohibiting my remission. I know glutamine was a trigger, or it is on my short list of highly probable triggers (as a supplement, not in low doses with any foods). I haven't figured out the entire nutrional amino acid profile and metabolisms yet.

The acrylamide is only a guess, as there seems to be so many foods that contain the substance which I did not identify as triggers before I knew about the stuff.

It could be glutamate, but isn't that basically sugar? I don't know why, but sugar is a safe bet with me.

Last edited:
The theory Dr Symes has about food allergies is that the damage done by four main allergens, gluten grains, corn, soy (and other beans), and cow milk products are at the root of all other food sensitivities. If you allow your intestinal villi a chance to recuperate for a while you might find that other food sensitivities go away.

I should mention that while I did seem to respond to the keto style diets, I also couldn't help but wonder if the reason for that might be more mechanical than anything else, seeing as fats are basically a lubricant. Fairly basic, but something I hold in reserve as a possibility with my limited understanding. I think it's even possible that my lympathics are what need the most "lubrication" or nutrition. Offal sweetbreads are another food which rank high in therapeutic value with me.

Sometimes I wonder if the allergies are more to do with abrasiveness or something clogging.

The gluten thing, I've read them trying to link glyphosphate with celiac diseases, and I can only wonder what might be in the diets of cows.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3945755/

It seems to be largely speculation and the short of it is that their main argument is comparison of symptoms between ill fish consuming the glyphosphate and humans with celiac diseases.

Colostrum is on my short list of highly therapeutic foods however.

What if the keto diet is the best diet for the lympathics? In any event, I might as well, this was one of the better videos I've seen on it.

He briefly touches on auto immune diseases to my memory as well.

Wow, my aura's I always described as a smell (a bad smell) I always get this feeling and I know with the next breath the smell will be there. In response below to Lindsayschu2 that I never put into words before mine is almost like a dream state with the feeling of a threatening presence there too. Mine has never been a good feeling but I do find I miss them when I haven't had them in a while or wonder if they're gone forever. Hopeful thinking.
It didn't last long and the dreams or whatever they were started to feel bad and evil (I know it may sound weird to some but mine were like actual dreams I was remembering and there was often another person or 'presence' in them, and that presence became threatening--that was always the only thing I could remember about the dream)--

Is Epilepsy positive ?

Honestly it's a damn big no. It's crap but you have to make the most of it.

Bet we all wish it never existed, that's the truth isn't it? :)

Despite it all, there's always someone worse off than you, sometimes with all your own challenges you don't see it but when there's good moments you realize you are glad you haven't got a particular struggle...

Back
Top Bottom