Can I sleep during day video EEG?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Wobblez

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm attempting to stay up all night or only have a few hours sleep on the 15th April. I go in the next day for a video EEG, 8.30am-4pm. Can I sleep through the EEG? I'm useless without sleep and I think i'll struggle not to fall asleep.

I also find it hard not to sleep so I know what you mean.

I just go to sleep once they hook me up to the EEG & they wake me when they need me to.

You're welcome.

I do have to get used to sleeping knowing that the tech is watching me but I'm usually tired enough that I do eventually.

When I had my VEEG I was there for 4 full days and got to go home on the 5th day. The first day my dr let me have a "pass"... at least thats what he called it! LOL He said I could do as I pleased the first day and sleep like I normally do. That was monday when I was admited. But then came tuesday and they had to do the normal stuff during the day, which was then the seizures started. Tuesday night I had to stay up til 3am before I got to go to sleep. Talk about a LONG night and day! I was so relieved to see 3am come about and get some sleep. But I then woke up at around 6am with more seizures. To be honest, the 3rd and 4th days are a blur to me. I remember bits and pieces, but not all. Just being tired, confused and feeling like a truck hit me. Wasnt the best feeling.

When I had my Video EEG I was in hospital for 5 nights. Because being over tired is one of my main seizure triggers (along with stress) I sleep deprived myself during the Video EEG to try to bring on a seizure. I only had about 2 - 3 hours sleep each night, by the 3rd day even though I was really tired I was used to not sleeping & coped without the sleep.
I finished the Video EEG on the 5th day & it was great to be able to have a full 8 hour sleep that night.

Last edited:
there is a little trigger button when you feal a seizure u might have to push and plus sleep deprived brings triggers i was in 5 days as well 3 different times

Back
Top Bottom