Citalopram and sickness

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hand of Blood

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey guys. So I been on citalopram for about 3ish months now. Anyone know is it still normal to get sick? Most mornings round 3am I feel sick and its will last the whole time till 7 or 8. It's a horrible sick feeling :( I don't think I should still be getting this side effect I'm on 40mg btw

Anyone else get the same thing?

Hey guys. So I been on citalopram for about 3ish months now. Anyone know is it still normal to get sick? Most mornings round 3am I feel sick and its will last the whole time till 7 or 8. It's a horrible sick feeling :( I don't think I should still be getting this side effect I'm on 40mg btw

Anyone else get the same thing?

Our 13-year old daughter takes citalopram (30 mg before bedtime), but I've never heard her complain of feeling sick without actually being sick. Mention it to your doc and see what he/she says.

I've never been on that med before. Maybe try taking it at a different time of day to see if that helps?

I'm sorry it's making you so sick. :(

I have not had that problem with the Citalopram. I agree with Kathy Ann try taking it at a different time and see if that helps.

yeah I changed from morning to night to see if it would stop the tiredness it helps it slightly but now makes me feel the sick through the night and morning :(

I feel like just coming off them, they arnt doing anything anyway I just feel as bad as I did before them
only thing it is helping is my rage! I still have rage but not as bad as before

its hard to know what to do if I take morning ill be tired, at night il feel sick through the night

Back
Top Bottom