Coconut Oil

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi---
I don't know if you are already doing this, but I've found some interesting research out there regarding seizure reduction and coconut oil. I've been following a raw vegan diet and have noticed considerable energy/strength. Yet, my fatigue can be high and I've started to add more fats.

One of the fats (besides avocado) that I've been reserching is coconut oil. Dr. Mercola has some information on his site as well.

I'm also a sufferer of candida, parasites (good times for all) and hypoglycemia. Coconut oil is supposed to help with these.

I've copied the bit of interesting information that I found. As I find more, I'll post.-----LMT

BODY/ORGANS
Coconut Oil reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis; Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth; Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease; Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers; Improves digestion and bowel function; Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids; Reduces inflammation. Supports tissue healing and repair; Functions as a protective antioxidant; Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease; Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome; Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement); Reduces epileptic seizures; Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections; Dissolves kidney stones; Helps prevent liver disease; Supports thyroid function;

This sounds

interesting. I will have to look into it when I get a chance later on today.... Hmmmmm........

I believe that coconut in any form is good for intestinal health. Macaroons, coconut milk yogurt, coconut oil in baked goods...

Back
Top Bottom