Coming off lamotrigine???

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

LISA J

New
Reaction score
Im just been weaned off my lamotrigine at the moment,im feeling terrible,as anyone else been on lamotrigine(lamictal),and felt the same??ive been on it over 6yrs now,my neurologist thinks im on far too many epilepsy drugs n is weaning me off this drug...ive been aving the shakes,dumbness of the face(wot i usually get before a seizure sometimes),feeling sick,going hot n cold,sweats....altogether feeling ill.hes going to higher my zonisimade once ive been weaned off this ,lisa .

Sounds like....

Sounds like withdrawal to me. When they took me off of one for another I felt horrible. Actually, when I begin anything new I feel horrible. I think it comes with the meds. Although, light eating and yoga helped tremendously. Yoga, for some reason, lessens the trembling and nausea. Good luck!---LMT

Thanks alot LMT,its nice ov u 2 get back to me....just goin to lay on my bed,im feeling worse......just want to go take one but no i cant!!!...lis xx

Hi Lisa!

Good to see you again, but did you know
you can always go for a 2nd opinion before
jumping into conclusions? It is possible that
there could only be a slight adjustment in your
medications; since when we get older, our
hormones change, life changes, etc, etc ...

But have you had a recent EEG? Is it really safe
to make this move? A lot of questions to ask; I
would look for a 2nd opinion here. It is not unusual
to be on many different medications for seizure
control. If you have some problems with it, you
can always talk to your Primary Care Doctor for
his/her opinion and what the Doctor recommends
as far as it goes, after all that Doctor is responsible
for your general health overall. And he can even make
the arrangements for a 2nd opinion if he/she feels
that it needs to be done.

Thanks sharon,nice 2 hear from you,its since theyve found out whats wrong with me..ive had video telemetry,my seizures have been starting from back of my brain..Im on keppra,zonisamade,clobazam too..Im on 3,500mg of keppra,theyre on about operating on my brain just waiting,im up 4 it!!!

Back
Top Bottom