Controlled seizures?!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! Its Jena with an update! In 5 days I will have gone 3 months without having any seizures!!! Yay! So what does everyone consider or what is considered controlled?! I am so excited to drive! Finally be able to do things on my own soon!!!

hey, congratulations!!! I can't answer your questions, but I just wanted to give you a giant thumbs up!! I think 3 months is fantastic (IMO). It's a great step.

If I were you though, I would talk to your doctor about what s/he defines controlled to be. I'm sure s/he will be super excited to hear your fantastic news!

Keep up the great work!

That's wonderful!!!!

I think everyone is different when it comes to describing controlled seizures.

When I first started having seizures I was having at least 20 or more a month. For the last few years I've gone down to on average 7 a month and they aren't as bad and don't last as long. I don't know if I necessarily want to consider that controlled but for me it's great.

Thank you both for your replies!!! I will be seeing my dr in may!! I will post an update then! *fingers crossed*

That's great! Keep on doing what you're doing. :)

"Controlled" IMO is a relative to each persons condition. Which is something that you and your doctor need to establish.

Great to be three months seizure-free! Let's go for another three months of no seizures. I agree with what Bigman says:

"Controlled" IMO is a relative to each persons condition. Which is something that you and your doctor need to establish.

Congratulations! I agree with the others that "control" is defined differently for each person. For me it's probably been easier than for most, since I only get tonic-clonics, and they respond well to medication. When I'm on the meds, I stay seizure-free. (I'm almost at the 7-year mark now.) At different points I've tried going off medication (with my neuro's blessing), and my seizures have returned, so for me control = seizure-free but not med-free.

Back
Top Bottom