Coping with daytime sleepiness

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Hey, Mastergen.
There is another brand similar to Crio Bru that is called "Choffy".
I haven't tried it personally but I have heard good things about it.

Another option to explore depending on who ships where.

Hey, Mastergen.
There is another brand similar to Crio Bru that is called "Choffy".
I haven't tried it personally but I have heard good things about it.

Another option to explore depending on who ships where.

Thanks!

I remember when my daughter was born and people would always say "sleep when your baby sleeps!" The problem with this was that I sleep DEEPLY (phenobarb habit, I'm sure). So when she would wake, I'd still be so groggy that I would stumble down the hall and barely be awake enough to pick her up! Needless to say, I think I napped with her once or twice and said, "Phooey" on this and quit. Decided that it was time better spent getting something done that I couldn't do while she was awake!

Oh, did I say that when I was pregnant, they increased the phenobarb by about 100mg or more, I can't remember, but it made me super tired! They were so worried I'd have a T-C seizure that would induce labor. It's kind of a weird thing that they had to put that on me because I've NEVER had a T-C seizure. I think I would have been fine if they had only increase the phenobarb by 1/2 what they did. Hindsight, you know.

I get superrrr tired. To the point where I feel like I'm going to pass out. Its weird. This is isn't normal sleepiness....

I have gotten so tired that I have fallen asleep sitting up, and I'm hoping that coming off some of my meds will stop this.

Yup, you can count me in that group. I can blame it on Fycompa. I didn't have any issues with sleepiness until I hit 6 mg but after a month this went away. I increased to 8 mg 2 weeks ago, so hoping that after another couple of weeks my body will have adapted like it did to the lower dose.

I take the highest dosage of drugs at night and worked so far... I don't know if it's 100% safe but it beats being tired and relying on drugs like caffeine and energy drinks

Yes Lunarsolar,iv'efallen two or three times in an twelve hour shift,sitting down.I can remember an unbeilavble feeling off tierdness that day.Almost like i could have fallen asleep standing up that day.

I have so many other like wise situations i could get into but the long and the short off it is the worse case scenario and in the first paragraph.If you would like to know more you can always pm me.

Does anyone have insomnia problems?
I'm coming off phenobarb will be off Tuesday If I go to lay down I'm back up for several up and down all night through the night and I might get 4-6 hours night sleep.

Does anyone have insomnia problems?
I'm coming off phenobarb will be off Tuesday If I go to lay down I'm back up for several up and down all night through the night and I might get 4-6 hours night sleep.

Could be withdrawal effects. I rapidly came off of tegretol, keppra and vimpat at the same time while in the hospital for a VEEG and had horrible insomnia for several nights (which didn't do much good because my seizures are nocturnal lol).

Going back to the daytime tiredness.Both my aed are slow release,yet when i take them the tiredness i suffer fells like it's in every joint in my body.Especially after my evening dose which always results in a sleep after for a couple hours or so.Then i wake up much better and has been stated above sometimes have difficulty sleeping at night.

I guess i'm gonna have to struggle on untill i get to see my nuero next time,as i know i am on the highest dose off Epilim and 800mg off Tegretol,then perhaps they might just reduce it............fingers crossed!

Going back to the daytime tiredness . . . the tiredness i suffer fells like it's in every joint in my body.

This is exactly how I feel when the tiredness hits, usually between 2 and 4 pm. The fact that it is so hot out doesn't help matters any either! This isn't connected to when I take Fycompa (the medication at fault for the sleepiness), since it is a once per 24 hour medication taken at night.

I got cloberzam habit and I take zolpdin also habit cold sweat try stop them so often sleepy yet if I lay down to have nap no good I come to life still sleepy

I used to get Zoplicone for a while here,but they made me feel like utter crap the next day,pounding head aches and just wanting to lie down most off the day.So i stopped them.

As masterjen has said,the trouble with all off your joint's feeling like they have had all their energy sucked out off them.Explaining this to a non seizure sufferer can be pretty hard.I live in Scotland and believe me the heat aint no problem over here,the results she has described are the same except i usually go for a snooze around between 6ish or 7ish.

Oh and welcome to the forum Seagull,i hope you get some off the answers you seek!

Last edited:
I take zolphdrin I proberly abuse it I get so depressed not sleeping and if someone like all my family friends say stop do exercice and just suck it up until body back to normal I shall slap them I went on it first place I got no sleep.
Iknow all the right things to do but easy said..i so doped out but don't sleep in afternoon wish I could

This is a hard thread to read after a long week of work. Y'al are talking about falling asleep, so... I fell asleep sitting up in my chair :roflmao:

I am so hoping that once I am weaned off of pheonbarbital that I can experience a more "normal" life when it comes to sleep. After a long work week and not sleeping at least 8 hours a night, I will likely sleep in until at least 10:00am tomorrow. And I will feel soooooo much better :)

thank you crash I was on here few years back but made such pigs ear trying get password back easier start again/
I sure very few in uk have phenbarital but I may be wrong...I addicted to zopiden clobazam nytol prescription pain killers so just aswel I not on phenobarbs...you get so desperate for nights kip do anything sometimes I sleep in day I certainly feel like it but sleep is allusive thing for me...
so hot here crash wish was in scotland

Back
Top Bottom