Coping with daytime sleepiness

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

It seems a side effect I'm still having from tegretol is insomnia:ponder: and I've taken tegreol since 1975. If I come off it I will start seizing like crazy; I have tried to come off it to many times.:agree:

tegrtol made me feel so bad I refused take them and wing it but I take lamotgine and clobazam...Unfortuatly I have abused clobazam for years so I staying on small dose

When I feel myself getting tired I usually fight it, but that's just me. Most people will give into it and take a nap but I like to stay busy doing things I enjoy. In my mind laying around doing nothing is unhealthy (not to mention boring) but I also know not giving yourself a break is as well. Balancing that takes a lot of practice not to mention patience! Whether it's the medication or not making you feel the way you do, you should always remember that those feelings are only temporary. You can change the way you feel because you are in control and only you.

There is a time and a place to sleep, but I'll be damned if I let some medication tell me when to sleep lol

Last edited:
I afraid meds just told me have snooze but could be me age either one not very enthralling

It seems a side effect I'm still having from tegretol is insomnia:ponder: and I've taken tegreol since 1975. If I come off it I will start seizing like crazy; I have tried to come off it to many times.:agree:

I had a similar issue when I first started in February. I couldn't sleep without alcohol or, um...other methods. Shortly after my first week I started exercising in the morning and evenings to get to sleep. I also cut down on sugar and caffeine and stopped eating past 8 p.m. I still get antsy if I don't exercise...

Back
Top Bottom