Crazy thumbs!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Crazy thumbs and friends...

What gives??? I've been experiencing this a lot lately for no apparent reason...my thumbs will just start twitching/contracting on their own...it freaks me out cuz I feel like my body is trying have a full blown seizure but it's just my thumbs mostly...sometimes my arms and legs will feel numb/tingly and sometimes even my face...but the thumbs thing seems to be most frequent...are any of you experiencing this and if so what do you think is causing it??? My neurologist says my med levels are good but I guess I'm just getting older and my body is changing for the worse it seems (lovely)...anyway yeah I've also had annoying dizzy spells lately and nausea and fever/tension like headaches...the twitching/contracting seems to be most noticeable whenever I feel unbalanced like I'm walking on a boat and my stomach starts hurting and I have to pay a visit to the restroom...which is never fun...stupid Epilepsy...

Oh yeah and my sensitivity to light and sound seems to be increased...I see odd colors/patterns like things are moving in slow motion and sounds start becoming muffled...like I'm underwater...I swear I sometimes feel like there is a parasite or implant deep inside my brain tormenting me 24/7...and some psychic sadist is enjoying my suffering for shits and giggles...I know I'm not alone in this hellish nightmare but it sure sometimes seems like it...

Gotta stay strong and faithful!

Last edited:
Nak was talking about how magnesium cured her restless leg syndrome. Maybe you have restless thumb syndrome. :)

But seriously it has been really hot lately. I wonder if you could be having an electrolyte imbalance/deficiency of some sort.

I got up too fast today and felt like I was going to keel over. Just dehydrated.

What gives??? I've been experiencing this a lot lately for no apparent reason...my thumbs will just start twitching/contracting on their own...it freaks me out cuz I feel like my body is trying have a full blown seizure but it's just my thumbs mostly...sometimes my arms and legs will feel numb/tingly and sometimes even my face...but the thumbs thing seems to be most frequent...are any of you experiencing this and if so what do you think is causing it??? My neurologist says my med levels are good but I guess I'm just getting older and my body is changing for the worse it seems (lovely)...anyway yeah I've also had annoying dizzy spells lately and nausea and fever/tension like headaches...the twitching/contracting seems to be most noticeable whenever I feel unbalanced like I'm walking on a boat and my stomach starts hurting and I have to pay a visit to the restroom...which is never fun...stupid Epilepsy...

Oh yeah and my sensitivity to light and sound seems to be increased...I see odd colors/patterns like things are moving in slow motion and sounds start becoming muffled...like I'm underwater...I swear I sometimes feel like there is a parasite or implant deep inside my brain tormenting me 24/7...and some psychic sadist is enjoying my suffering for shits and giggles...I know I'm not alone in this hellish nightmare but it sure sometimes seems like it...

Gotta stay strong and faithful!

Can you please tell us what you have been eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner in last couple of days?

Last edited:
Nak was talking about how magnesium cured her restless leg syndrome. Maybe you have restless thumb syndrome. :)

But seriously it has been really hot lately. I wonder if you could be having an electrolyte imbalance/deficiency of some sort.

I got up too fast today and felt like I was going to keel over. Just dehydrated.

Restless thumb syndrome? Lol sounds like someone who chronically masturbates (you just had to go there didn't you)

Yes you are definitely right about this awful heat...but I keep the AC's on all day and I don't sweat much...I've taken a break from working out since it's just too hot to be doing that...my urine is clear most of the time and when it isn't it's close to it...but how would I know if I have an electrolyte imbalance/deficiency???

I notice that I feel the worst right after I get up in the morning...like that you just woke up from surgery kind of feeling (nasty)...very groggy and sometimes nauseas...except I never throw up...I always have the shits (which sometimes comes out feeling hot lol)...it's like my bowels are in overdrive or my nervous system is constantly screwing with my digestive system...I eat frequently...like every 3-4 hours and I may even snack in between...and since Jay1 asked me to list what I eat I'll do that in another post...

Last edited:
Can you please tell us what you have been eating for breakfast, lunch and dinner in last couple of days?

Well for breakfast I'll usually eat egg whites with spinach and some shredded cheese...if not I'll have steel cut oatmeal with blueberries and a little bit of vitamin-d milk and a scoop of whey protein which contains vitamins and minerals...

For lunch I'll usually have crock pot cooked chicken or beef with some sort of green vegetable like brocoli or brussel sprouts and half an avocado...

For dinner I'll usually have some salmon with more green veggies and the other half of the avocado...

Sometimes I'll have some black beans with lunch or dinner (or by themselves) just to get that much needed boost...PRRRT!!! :lol:

If not I'll mix up lunch and dinner...but I always have snacks in between...like an orange with some cheese or some natural almond butter with a glass of vitamin-d milk...sometimes I'll have a banana with a scoop of whey...especially on workouts days...

So yeah that's pretty much my diet...and I only drink water besides the milk...no soda or beer or none of that gross unhealthy junk...besides what kind of idiot would be drinking those things with a serious health condition???

Last edited:
Well if you are having chronic trots then you are probably having chronic electrolyte losses.

Have you ever tried cutting out the dairy? Some people can be perfectly fine with milk their whole life and then suddenly develop an intolerance. Between the milk, cheese and the whey you are getting quite a hefty dose of it.

Might be worth a try.

Well if you are having chronic trots then you are probably having chronic electrolyte losses.

Have you ever tried cutting out the dairy? Some people can be perfectly fine with milk their whole life and then suddenly develop an intolerance. Between the milk, cheese and the whey you are getting quite a hefty dose of it.

Might be worth a try.

What is chronic trots?

And please elaborate why I must cut out the dairy...thanks

Okay well I made some chicken in the crockpot with a huge tomato and green bell pepper from the garden, some chicken, onion, and garlic seasoning...came out pretty good actually :)

Okay well I made some chicken in the crockpot with a huge tomato and green bell pepper from the garden, some chicken, onion, and garlic seasoning...came out pretty good actually :)
Well, you are definitely having healthy food.

Do you cook the vegetables along with chicken or add them later?

If possible, please add some coconut oil, flax and hemp seeds in your diet. Perhaps you may want to try adding couple of spoons of flax and hemp seeds to your chicken dish.

Do you eat papaya fruit? It has lot of digestive enzymes which keeps our tummy happy.

Good morning. I'm in a different time zone from you so I just got up. Wasn't ignoring you.

Chronic trots is just my expression for what you were describing about your digestive system sending you for frequent dashes to the toilet.

I didn't say you "must" cut out the dairy. I said it could be one possible explanation for your chronic digestive issues.

You said it was as if your nervous system was screwing with your digestive system. I'm putting the possibility out there that it is the other way around. Your screwed up digestive system is causing you to lose all your electrolytes (and probably going to cause other nutrient deficiencies if it keeps up like this). This is what is screwing with your nervous system.

By eliminating dairy from your diet for a stretch, you would be able to tell if that is the problem or not. If it's not, you cross that off the list but if that is the problem it is easily fixed.

Well, you are definitely having healthy food.

Do you cook the vegetables along with chicken or add them later?

If possible, please add some coconut oil, flax and hemp seeds in your diet. Perhaps you may want to try adding couple of spoons of flax and hemp seeds to your chicken dish.

Do you eat papaya fruit? It has lot of digestive enzymes which keeps our tummy happy.

Yeah I cut up the vegetables and throw them in with the chicken...I only cook with coconut oil...mostly my egg whites...I think I have some flax in the fridge actually but if I don't I might look into getting some...never tried hemp seeds before...I'll have to do some research about them...

I have not tried papaya fruit either...I occassionally will eat apple sauce because I cannot eat raw apples...they make my throat itch for some reason...

Thanks for all the info and any furter info you may provide me with :)

Good morning. I'm in a different time zone from you so I just got up. Wasn't ignoring you.

Chronic trots is just my expression for what you were describing about your digestive system sending you for frequent dashes to the toilet.

I didn't say you "must" cut out the dairy. I said it could be one possible explanation for your chronic digestive issues.

You said it was as if your nervous system was screwing with your digestive system. I'm putting the possibility out there that it is the other way around. Your screwed up digestive system is causing you to lose all your electrolytes (and probably going to cause other nutrient deficiencies if it keeps up like this). This is what is screwing with your nervous system.

By eliminating dairy from your diet for a stretch, you would be able to tell if that is the problem or not. If it's not, you cross that off the list but if that is the problem it is easily fixed.

Good morning as well...and thanks for explaining/elaborating :)

I wasn't drinking milk before but somehow it crept into my diet...I could do without it but I will need a vitamin-d substitute since I don't go outside much...(I'm an indoors person)...the doctor had given me a prescription but honestly my doctor isn't the best/the healthcare here kind of sucks/is kind of slow...but anyways...I'm suppose to have my levels checked...and it makes sense how I would be losing vital nutrients etc. if my bowels aren't happy...I didn't pay much attention to it though since I thought it was just gas from all the protein/fiber I consume lol...but I could cut back how much milk I drink and see how I feel...curse myself for loving dairy so much even though I know it's not the healthiest food for you...and soy is just awful...I never go near the stuff...

I'm 5'6 and fluctuate from 145-150lbs of lean muscle mass depending on my activity/eating levels...

Definitely no gluten or any type of wheat here...I also use to eat peanut butter like it was nobody's business but I cut that out when I found out I was allergic to it amongst other things...I know that milk can cause intense mucus buildup as well but I don't really have that problem...well not as bad as I use to...why does healthy food have to be so damn expensive lol

Last edited:
http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/10-foods-containing-vitamin-d/

Take a look at this ^^^^

You don't need dairy to get your vitamin d. You need fish, eggs, and mushrooms.
And BTW, why do you waste the best part of the egg by only eating the whites?

I already eat fish, eggs, and mushrooms...and I don't like eating the egg yokes cuz they're gross and have too much cholesterol for me...

Anyway just got back from the store...I bought some Lactaid...gonna give that a try and if I still have problems...I'll cut it out...

I've also heard other bad things about eating egg yokes but whatever...thanks again

The reason why I don't buy whole eggs is because I would end up throwing away too many egg yokes just to get some egg whites...which is a waste of money and time consuming...I just prefer to eat egg whites...I eat about 20 grams of egg protein at a time...which would equal roughly 3 jumbo eggs...and yeah...no thanks...

but yeah we'll see about the milk thing...I'll keep this updated

Last edited:
OMG I love my chocolate whey with milk...it's dabom! We'll see how it is with the Lactaid :)

Unfortunately they were out of my favorite chocolate flavor so I had no choice but to get french vanilla instead...I worked out earlier and I must say it's actually not that bad...yummy but nowhere near as yummy as the chocolate...which is orgasmic :p

Twitching, numbness, tingling and pain are all small seizures for me. Do you have the other symptoms at the same time as the twitching and tingling, or separately? I hope things improve soon for you.

Back
Top Bottom