Crazy thumbs!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Twitching, numbness, tingling and pain are all small seizures for me. Do you have the other symptoms at the same time as the twitching and tingling, or separately? I hope things improve soon for you.

Sometimes yes...Like I'll get dizzy and suddenly have these small "twitches"/muscle contractions...in no specific order...or I'll get kind of numb/tingly and feel like I'm gonna shit myself because for some reason my bowels get upset...and when it's really bad my body temperature will fluctuate (I'll get really hot or cold suddenly) and my heart will starting racing/palpitating...and of course the problems breathing normally...whether it be hypo or hyperventilation it just blows...(obviously)...and having tension /and or fever like headaches is never...I guess overall the body just because very unhappy...

I like that saying mind over matter...but I also know that the mind has a mind of it's own...especially in these circumstances...and the spirit is like a tazmanian devil...

Harness the insanity we must...find... balance (peace be still)

Last edited:
The mind certainly does have a mind of it's own! I wish I knew what to tell you, but I am confused most of the time about the causes of symptoms myself. Let me know if you figure out the cause! Hope you feel better soon.

The mind certainly does have a mind of it's own! I wish I knew what to tell you, but I am confused most of the time about the causes of symptoms myself. Let me know if you figure out the cause! Hope you feel better soon.

Awww! Well for now we can just give each other :hugs: and have seizures together! As odd as that may sound it really always is comforting to know that you are not alone hoping for the best! ;)

Last edited:
Hey MrE,
I just came upon this thread, and your OP sounds just like what I went through with menopause :D You sure you aren't going through the change early? :roflmao:

Seriously, though, how has the lactaid worked or not worked for you?

Is the restless thumbdrome caused by over texting? :D

Well I am a "woman"...what just cuz my name says "MrE"...you automagically assumes I am a man??? Sounds a bit silly if you ask me...

The lactaid tasted weird at furrst but so far it doesn't seem to give me that gurgling/bubbling experience is my bowels like the regular milk does...

And I has no comment on that last statement as I am in bondage from saying anything preverted beecuz peepholes gets offended :D

Last edited:
When milk comes out of a cow (or other beast), it comes complete with lactose, the milk sugar and lactase, the enzyme needed to break down the lactose.
When milk is pasteurized, the lactase is killed off.
Many people who think they have a lactose intolerance can drink raw milk just fine.
The rules and regs vary from state to state regarding selling raw milk but , in California where it's legal, there is a place called Organic Pastures that sells the yummiest raw milk plus cheeses, butter, etc. They even deliver and they are in most Sprouts/Henry's and Whole Foods stores.

Darn, I set you up, and you can't knock 'em down.

And, uh, I thought I'd read you are female somewhere else. But you also said you're 31. I know, I know, women do go through it early. But it still ain't normal! :)

When milk comes out of a cow (or other beast), it comes complete with lactose, the milk sugar and lactase, the enzyme needed to break down the lactose.
When milk is pasteurized, the lactase is killed off.
Many people who think they have a lactose intolerance can drink raw milk just fine.
The rules and regs vary from state to state regarding selling raw milk but , in California where it's legal, there is a place called Organic Pastures that sells the yummiest raw milk plus cheeses, butter, etc. They even deliver and they are in most Sprouts/Henry's and Whole Foods stores.

Yeah I know but not everyone can afford it let alone has the convienence of such markets/foods/etc....thanks for the info though :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it is pricey but then it becomes more like a nice treat than a staple food.
I'm glad you are getting some relief from the tablets.

There is an organic cow pasture just a stone's throw from my house. I believe they sell the milk straight from the cow. The price I last heard for it was eye popping - yikes! Especially considering how much milk my kids were going through then.

Would be a fabulous thing to have, but out of my price league.

Darn, I set you up, and you can't knock 'em down.

And, uh, I thought I'd read you are female somewhere else. But you also said you're 31. I know, I know, women do go through it early. But it still ain't normal! :)

Everything is odd...Nothing is even

There is an organic cow pasture just a stone's throw from my house. I believe they sell the milk straight from the cow. The price I last heard for it was eye popping - yikes! Especially considering how much milk my kids were going through then.

Would be a fabulous thing to have, but out of my price league.

Yeeeah...

Doesn't the Lactaid stuff come as tablets?

41383090103.jpg

Ah. It used to come in tablets back in the day. You had to eat one an hour before having any milk products. That looks like a major improvement in convenience.

Yeah some improvements are actually improvements while others are just well...if it aint broke don't fix it's lol

interesting...but in reality everything is a mystery...no one really knows what causes anything in the first place...I mean like literally...in the first place as in the beginning of infinity...which makes absolutely no cents and now my head hurts...again...thank you brain for making me think too much...but seriously we can speculate to the end and beyond...it won't make any difference...

*puts on ruby slippers*

ignorance is bliss
ignorance is bliss
ignorance is bliss

Last edited:
:adore: I totally admire all of you who do this research and figure out these possible connections! Wow!

Guess mine started in such a different era when we didn't have computers to do research with, and I was only 7, and my mother would just rely on the doc for whatever he said, and she would mostly believe him. So once we had computers and the internet, my e was mostly asleep then and not effecting my life.

:woot: thanks for filling me in on what you all find! It's fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom