Deja Vu making me feel crazy!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Only you all will understand this...

I am getting deja vu like crazy today (and the last few days) and it's making me feel like I'm going crazy! I don't really know if it's seizure related or not because I'm not getting as much of the weird rising-stomach feeling I often get with it as well (though my hands feel funny/sweaty like I'm nervous or something, and that happens sometimes), but the fact that I can't remember what the deja vu was tells me it probably was. It usually feels really weird at the time and then I can't remember it 3 minutes later. Gah! I think KNOWING that the deja vu COULD be seizure related is making it even worse. I'll think about something, and that thought will be really familiar, and then I'll wonder if that thought was familiar for whatever reason, the next thing I do feels really familiar, and I'll question that too. I KNOW people think the same things more than once, and this is why I feel like it's making me crazy! Because I can't figure out if what I'm thinking/looking at/doing really IS familiar, or if I'm having seizure activity. I'm also having the "remembering dreams" sequence I get a lot when I am having partials/deja vu, but again, without the other weird sensations I usually get, so that is what is making it weirder for me.

Anyone else feel the same way about your deja vu??? Like you're going insane or something because you're trying to figure out what's really real and what is "in your head"?

On other notes... Had an MRI yesterday for the first time since my very first seizure two years ago. I think this one actually took more pictures because I was in there for a hell of a long time and then I did it with contrast, and I don't remember that happening the first time I went through an MRI (of course, I have forgotten many things since then). AND I went to a neuropsychologist on Wednesday. I'll have the full write-up on Monday, but he noted I make up words (I can't remember the term for it), which I did notice myself doing and caught it... I guess his job is to catch those things, but nobody else has ever really noticed me doing it before (it's funny too, because WRITING is my strong point, but I tend to have issues with speaking sometimes). I guess this is common in those with something misfiring in the left temporal lobe area (where my neurologist suspects my seizures to be starting at). I also have awful verbal recall and can't put together puzzles with shapes... haha, spatial/visual orientation, or something along those lines. I guess that would explain why I am constantly getting lost. When I told him about my misadventures while driving before I ever had any known seizures he asked about mini strokes and asked if I'd had an MRI anytime recently (this was the day before I got the MRI) I'll be able to report more on Monday from that experience :) I still don't know my EEG results, but I'll find out more about that with the neurologist in a week and a half or so.

And now I feel weirdly sad/nostalgic for no reason. And the hands-feeling-weirdly-nervous and now it's in my feet is continuing (but no deja vu at the moment). Weird.

that sounds a bit like how i feel during my seizures. i feel a bit sick and strange when i have one but when its all over i cant even remember it happening

Yea! It's so weird. It took me awhile of paying attention and writing it down before I could remember everything happening during these auras/partials. It's what makes me wonder how long they were going on before I had my first T/C seizure.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

when i get de ja vu which is alot also..... i get tht stomach thing u say and racing heart and my head feels like waves it comes for econd and goes comes and goes..... its not a full normal dejavu but just the feeling of it and i always feel like im going to have tc!

i always seem to want to run away from mysef when i get it if that makes any sence

Back
Top Bottom