Dental Concern

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

rich956

New
Reaction score
Hi ! its been awhile.
For various reasons I have bad teeth and there at the point of having some work done on the. My big worry is if i get dentures or a bridge put in would i be in any danger them comming loose and harming me in any way ? I get T/C at bed time and wouldnt know...Has anyone ever had an issue like this /:ponder:

Dentures you take out at night so that shouldn't be a problem but I would think your dentist (or orthodontist?) would have a better idea if there might be any problems.

I have an upper partial that was made because I have lost a few teeth over the past years....I just don't sleep with it in....Im pretty sure ppl with out epilepsy take theirs out at night as well...

I know I'm chiming in a little late here.
The worst you can is Dlantin and I had surgery quite a few times when when I was real small, I got braces at 9-12 thanks to medicine . I was having all kinds of seizures at that time I busted my chin open when I had t/c 3 times.

Hi ! its been awhile.
For various reasons I have bad teeth and there at the point of having some work done on the. My big worry is if i get dentures or a bridge put in would i be in any danger them comming loose and harming me in any way ? I get T/C at bed time and wouldnt know...Has anyone ever had an issue like this /:ponder:

you have same worry as me..i had three teeth dentures lower jaw..i been wearing tempory denture for about 3 years the permenant ones are agony..NO one see me without them including me..i wear pashmire all times night day..I don't think you got any worries with a bridge I had bridge for years

Back
Top Bottom