DisneyandSeizures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

smilemily

New
Reaction score
Hello,
My family and I are hoping to go to Disney World (the one in Florida) for vacation. Any suggestions/tips about bringing epilepsy with you? I read somewhere that Space Mountain can cause photosensitive seizures. Little tricks/tips like that.

Thanks!!
Emily

Read ahead about what rides involve the type of lighting that could trigger a problem for you, and avoid those rides. If you want to go on them anyway, wear sunglasses of the kind that automatically get lighter or darker depending on the lighting around you. The sunglasses won't be as good as avoiding the problematic rides entirely, but it is up to you :)

Unless the person specifically has photosensitive type seizures I would worry more about overheating and fatigue then the rides themselves. We live near an amusement park and go regularly and have not found it to be a seizure trigger as long as we watch out for those two things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have epilepsy, please be careful of these 3D events at Disney or where you are part of the movie or things make you seem real in the show. Similar to a planetarium type show.

Back
Top Bottom