distorted vision

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

bazpa

New
Reaction score
I woke up with my vision all messed up. This is a good indication that I am going to have a bad seizure day, along with that icky feeling in my stomach. Does anybody else have this happen? I went off my meds about a month ago, and while I have had seizures, they are better than the side effects from the drugs I have tried. I have an appt in 3 weeks, and know I will need to take something again. I just hope that this time, I am mentally ready, and better informed about the side effects. Thanks to all of you.

I woke up with my vision all messed up. This is a good indication that I am going to have a bad seizure day, along with that icky feeling in my stomach. Does anybody else have this happen? I went off my meds about a month ago, and while I have had seizures, they are better than the side effects from the drugs I have tried. I have an appt in 3 weeks, and know I will need to take something again. I just hope that this time, I am mentally ready, and better informed about the side effects. Thanks to all of you.

When I woke with my vision blurred, it was from my blood sugar being ridiculously high. But it does sound like you're having auras. If you went off your medication, why are you going back to the doctor?

Because I realize I am going to have to take something. Most of mine are at night, but they do show up some days. I am not sleeping again, the night sweats, are back, and I am getting tired again. I guess I need to keep trying until I find one that doesn't make me depressed, and crazy! I hope that one of them will work. The first week, I woke up with a bitten tongue. Last week I pulled something in my back, and it will not seem to get better. They don't seem as bad as they used too, but I am not working anymore, so I can sleep in the day if I need too. I know they are slowly increasing, and I don't want to let them get too bad. I just needed a break from feeling that bad. I didn't want to even get out of bed, could not concentrate, and forgot things so bad. The nurse at my doctor does not want to give a message to my doctor half the time, and it's such a struggle for me. I intend to tell him about this on my appt. Grrrrr!

In the mean time you might consider checking out some vitamins and minerals to support your health. Eating a low glycemic index diet also might help.

Back
Top Bottom