Do epileptics have premonitions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

EVOL

New
Reaction score
heres one 4 you all

http://www.blurtit.com/q222016.html

I don't know about everyone else but god yes i know when it's coming.....it's like the storm before the apocalypse. Panicky and scared....nervous, you feel it in your head and your whole body. I was freaking out one time due to sleep deprivation and started running around outside in boxers and socks talking to myself. I was like speaking in tongues or something and pacing and telling people not to touch me, yea they took me to the closest hospital (i was out of town visiting relatives) and the hospital tranqued me with dilaudid and gave me dylantin. After that i felt like i was in heaven. But yea i fel em coming on, it's the kinda pee in your pants terror....like: "omg look it's a horde of zombies and they're gonna eat us all and we're cornered and have no weapons" kinda fear.:paperbag:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is known in the E community as an AURA. Some are stronger and darker than others. My daughter doesn't know if she gets a warning, as her memory is wiped out afterwards. She loses much of the time prior to the seizure, hours in fact. Creates problems when they happen at school.

We are four months seizure free now, and celebrating. Longest she has been since making nutritional changes. :rock:

i'm skeptical that nutrition changes anything i believe it's just your body getting use to the meds and dosages, it was a good solid 2 or 3 years on the meds until i stopped seizing and currently last i heard my M.D. says my body might be immune to the depakote.....ummm...i dont think so buddy why am i seizure fre then and i'm not switching meds if i'm seizure free.:paperbag:

I agree wholeheartedly with Robin that nutrition and lifestyle changes can raise the seizure threshold substantially to the point that you need less, or even no, medication. Having said that, it's a big committment.

As for a premonition, I can't really call it that because it is very brief. Just a weird feeling and then the complex partial starts. I consider mine to be auras and I think that is what you are talking about too -- yours may just be more pronounced!

Aura's can vary greatly. Sometimes it's a huge thing for me, it feels like impending doom. Others, like every day this week, are just 1 second blips of fear and familiarity. Deja vu I guess.

Sometimes I'll have auras and it won't lead to seizures. But other times it will. Seems to be random...

I have absolutely nothing to offer this thread, but just to answer the question, I have never ever ever had a cooking clue before hand. Nothing. And I think that's weird.

I hardly ever have an aura , but sometimes when I feel one come on I can stop one from coming on.

Belinda

I have seizure since I was 17 and never had I had any type of premonition or aura. I just wake up and there are all these people starring at me in this funny way.

I although have changed my type of seizure. I am no classified as a complex partial. I was wondering as you get older do they take on a different form as you age?And if so what do have to look forward to?

Jackson

Yes, it is entirely possible for your seizures to morph and change. I've always had t/c's (tonic clonics) but they were primarily daytime in nature until I was about 22, after the birth of my daughter. Then everything went to nocturnal, and I now have 4 types of nocturnal E. tonic clonics, myoclonic, electrographic, and focal seizures in the left frontal lobe. And it's stayed that way ever since........ :paperbag:

I experience it. It also termed as premonition or aura. One experiences strange gloom, isolation, helplessness, agony and feels like he knows events which are going to unfold next, what the person in front of him would say. And as soon as something matching happens the agony grows bitter. This lasts for 1-2 minutes. You are awake but desperately feel if someone could help you get over it during those seconds. :(

Back
Top Bottom