does PNES also cause sleep seizures?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

petero

New
Reaction score
Wikipedia seems to indicate briefly that it can not. It's my impression that there is a degree of "consciousness" during PNES whereas there is not during epileptic seizures.
Due to general disbelief I've suspected that I've just had PNES seizures, but, now my girlfriend has told me (and I can really tell today that I did last night... ugh... as well as her telling me) that I continue to have sleep seizures on occasion.
To me this is a relief of sorts, although PNES would be better for me healthwise, so
just wondering

I would love a bag of kind weed for tonight
I feel like shit
I need to move to an Rx mj state
Texas can suck my dick
I just started taking citalopram yesterday too
the info on it says it could cause seizures, but I doubt it has already had an effect

I also read recently that sleep seizures only occur in epilepsy and not in PNES. Let me see if I can find the source.

I'm sorry you had such a bad night and feel so terrible. =(

I have also read that people with epilepsy can also have non-epileptic seizures.

Thank you, Jayde--that's exactly the one I read, but for the life of my I couldn't find it.

Medscape
"Similarly, PNES usually do not occur during sleep, though they may seem to and though they may be reported as such."

That came to mind first, I know I've read a few others. My last seizure was in my sleep, at around 3 am, I was kicking my leg. At 5:58 am I had a tonic clonic. So, lately my focus has been on trying to find info pertaining to that. :)

Back
Top Bottom