was doing very well until yesterday

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

horsehead

New
Reaction score
My husband said I fell backwards into the tub. guess he heard me and kept my head from hitting the nossel thing on the tub. He said it was a tc seizure. I woke up in bed and thought i was taking a nap but was in alot of pain. Somehow i only have bruises nothing broken. I have no memory of before or after the seizure.

So sorry to hear you had a bad seizure and fell in the tub. But glad to hear someone was there to rescue you and kept you from hitting the nozzel, especially hot water!

That was where and how I experienced my very first TC seizure many moons ago, but I did hit the hot water nozzle. Don't remember the seizure, but do remember the pain afterwards! And have burn scars to prove it.

They say the bathroom and kitchen are not safe places for folks with E.

Water was not on or in the tub thank goodness, sorry you got burned cint. dont know why I was in the bathroom

Most of my seizures have been in or just getting out of shower. Two I was alone. One I came to. I always feel mine coming on. So when I woke up on the floor shower curtain pulled down and a little sore I knew what had happened. Another tine wasn't so lucky. Feel and hit nozzle or something. Blood all over bathtub and me when I came to. Called my daughter went to ER and had stiches side of my head. Stiches not as bad as the time I had staples put in back of my head. They will not do that again...HURT!!!!

ooo ouch I think I got really lucky. I sometimes feel them coming but not always. When i do feel them I dont have much time to do anything

I'm sorry to hear about your seizure.It not uncommon to not remember your seizure.
I don't remember most of my seizures.Your seizures can change all of a sudden and you be doing really well when this happens.

So when I woke up on the floor shower curtain pulled down and a little sore I knew what had happened.

I have a shower curtain in my shower. If you have glass in your shower, it is very dangerous. I went through a glass shower door once and to the ER I went. It is a good safety precaution, like having grab bars on the bathtub and the shower.

Good sugestion ruth . my shower opens very easy so I should be good there. Belinda I have been on a new med for awhile and it has been working very well. I was just a bit bummed to have a seizure again. I know meds dont work 100%

I almost never feel a seizure coming on and I usually blank out during them. When I come out 9 times out of 10 I didn't even know I had it.

I think it's been twice that I've fallen in the shower because I've had a seizure. I hardly ever have tonic clonic seizures so I think these were probably complex partials and I probably slid on the wet bathtub which is what caused me to fall out. I have a shower curtain so couldn't cut myself on any glass but I did hit the sink. How I didn't hurt myself at all when I hit it I'll never know.

Both happened on new years eve so my husband told me that I'm not aloud to take a shower that day of the year anymore!

Any Ideas on what to replace my glass shower doors with?

Is it possible to replace it with a shower curtain in any way?

My husband replaced our glass shower doors with a shower curtain. You have to take out the whole frame that the glass was in. There are cheap, plastic rods that you can buy from WalMart. You can hire a handyman to put one in. Then you put in a shower lining and a shower curtain in. Measure where you put the bar in to make sure you have the right length and height.

I have never had a shower without a bathroom mat. In fact, I have two bathroom mats in our shower.

Last edited:
Interesting; not good but of interest seeing that my two worst danger zones are bathroom and kitchen.

Back
Top Bottom