drop seizures no warnings anybody?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
im just wondering if anyone else with drop seizures without warning are out there? reason i ask is i always get hurt how do i prevent this from happening cracked ribs today and concussion. especially when alone because when i come out of a seizure nobody there i freak out and lung try to run did that today stayin in a garage where there is a sandrail hit my head and got stuck underneath not good.,thanks

My partner

has had a few of those, not many. There's been no rhyme nor reason as to the trigger, other than possibly too much photosensitivity & tiredness. You'll have to talk to your doc about them happening, it sounds as if your meds may need adjusting.

As for protecting yourself---um, don't know about that. You can't exactly live in padding all your life. *scratching head* I'll have to think on that one. I'll ask partner if they have any suggestions as well.

I'm sorry to hear that happened. I have had several drop seizures but I always had a trigger and seemed to catch myself at the knees before I went out. My last incident left me in awe, because I never usually drop, unless a reason was present. I noticed it always happened with a medicine change. Or a severe trigger. Other then that, I rarely drop, but I would stay as safe as possible until you contact your doctor. Scary stuff, and I hope you'll be ok.

I've had 'drop attacks', but they only ever involved my left leg...had them my whole life, but I didn't recognize them as such. My left leg would (without warning) collapse beneath me. I usually was able to catch myself before I hit the ground, but one time I couldn't because I was holding 2 heavy cats in a pet carrier. That event took a HUGE chunk of my left knee with it...I probably should have gone to an emergency room. I still have a scar to remind me.

...nothing compared to what you've been through...

Back
Top Bottom