Drug level questions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lisa

New
Reaction score
Yesterday morning I forgot to take my trileptal. By yesterday afternoon was getting the funny roller coaster feeling I usually get before I lose time. In the past I have gone weeks w/ no meds because of cost and nothing has happened. So does the brain become more reliable on the medicine the more you take it? And if there was a consistant blood level, missing a dose shouldnt have been a big deal? Just curious

Now that triletal is generic i can afford it, and just forgot to take it. I just dont understand how missing one dose could effect me, when in the past I have missed several doses. maybe my levels are low. I have been having strange moments the last couple weeks

Perhaps it is

time to have your blood levels checked, and see if they are on target or not. Call your doctor's office, and ask them if they can set it up for you....

Sometimes the generic forms of drugs are not metabolized the same (ie. as evenly) as the brand name because they have different fillers/binders. There can be larger fluctuations in blood syrum levels even when taking the drugs on schedule.

Hopefully, it's just a case of your system adjusting to the "new" drugs.

Back
Top Bottom