Eboost

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MrE

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of trying this (out of curiosity) for my workouts...I have never taken any energy boosters before but this is 100% natural...

but I'm wondering if any of you out there have tried this??? If so how does it make you feel? I know some energy boosters out there can make you feel "twitchy" or "tingly" and that is definitely not how I want to feel lol...but yeah it also has Vitamin-D which I like because then I could quit buying a separate Vitamin-D supplement if this works out for me...but yeah not going to try it just yet...

I know everyone is different and will respond to everything differently but it's always good to get an idea anyways...not even sure if I actually need this...like I said I'm curious...

but maybe this will help with the drowsiness caused by the Depakote???

Here is a link to the site:

http://eboost.com/

Here's a link with more info/nutrition label

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eboost/natural-energy-booster.html

Lol I just came up with a bad "joke"..."Eboost" as in "Epilepsy boost" as in increasing your seizure activity because of all the stimulants...assuming this impacts your Epilepsy negatively...

So I'm thinking of trying this (out of curiosity) for my workouts...I have never taken any energy boosters before but this is 100% natural...

but I'm wondering if any of you out there have tried this??? If so how does it make you feel? I know some energy boosters out there can make you feel "twitchy" or "tingly" and that is definitely not how I want to feel lol...but yeah it also has Vitamin-D which I like because then I could quit buying a separate Vitamin-D supplement if this works out for me...but yeah not going to try it just yet...

I know everyone is different and will respond to everything differently but it's always good to get an idea anyways...not even sure if I actually need this...like I said I'm curious...

but maybe this will help with the drowsiness caused by the Depakote???

Here is a link to the site:

http://eboost.com/

Here's a link with more info/nutrition label

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eboost/natural-energy-booster.html

I don't know if it would be harmful or not. I always take two green tea capsules every morning and I don't notice any bad side effects. I have green coofee extract but no longer take it because I didn't notice any good (or bad) effects so I thought was a waste of money.

Thanks green tea is great but yeah like I said everyone's different thus everyone will be effected differently...even if that effect is perceived to be absent...or literally is...absent

Guess I won't know for sure until I try it...just being a little "paranoid" as usual :eek:

Last edited:
Thanks green tea is great but yeah like I said everyone's different thus everyone will be effected differently...even if that effect is perceived to be absent...or literally is...absent

Guess I won't know for sure until I try it...just being a little "paranoid" as usual :eek:

I understand. I'm afraid of ginseng and I also stopped drinking all alcohol, just in case.

When I worked out I became aware of the huge market of drinks/supplements marketed directly to people who use the gym.

All the ones I saw were of little value including Eboost. Energy drinks do nothing to improve your fitness or health, nor do they give you strength.
First of all it doesn't have anything you can't buy on its own. Secondly, none of those things have been shown to give more energy. Even if it did work, it would probably provoke seizures because more energy means increased neural firing hence increased chances of neural mis-firing. If you look at the ingredients you'll see that the majority of energy you get from it is from 80 mg of caffeine (though that's common in energy drinks). http://www.caffeineinformer.com/caffeine-content/eboost-energy-drink

The websites you posted to are exactly the ones whose products I avoid. They focus on the fact that it is "natural" which I don't see as a big deal. There are just as many natural toxins as non-toxins so that word is just used as a marketing term. However they avoid talking about (or citing) research & use testimonials to sell their product. To me not showing research but showing celebrities to sell things like they do makes me very reluctant to buy any product.

If you look at the reviews on Amazon.com you'll see that 54 people gave them 4 or 5 stars but 70 people gave them only 1 or 2 stars. I don't think that's a good sign.

You should read this site on energy drinks side effects, they even mention eboost.
The focus of concern on energy drinks has been the ease with which a large dosage of caffeine and sugar can be ingested. Caffeine has been a staple of coffee drinkers for years but with a canned beverage that doesn’t have to be cooled or sipped, it is possible to ingest a high dose of caffeine quickly. Tossing in a few extra energy boosters can definitely make you feel more alert. Right? It can also make your heart beat faster (or pound, for that matter), make your hands a little shaky and lead to a restless feeling.

Energy drinks are sold with some sophisticated marketing research and strategies. Look at the names of some popular drinks – is there any doubt these are targeted to very young people? Demon Energy Drink (“not for soft little boys”), Monster Ripper, Hype, Red Bull, Wave Energy, and let’s hit the computer geeks with E-Boost . The graphics on the cans are just as powerful and scream “this will make you tough”. The result is a high consumption of energy drinks by a young segment of the population – kids of 12-15 years old.

Reported side effects of energy drinks have been highest for this younger group of users causing growing concern among parents and medical professionals. Physical symptoms reported are racing or irregular heartbeats, headaches, weakness and nausea. Emotional symptoms have also been reported including depression, irritability and anxiety.
http://energyfied.com/energy-drink-side-effects/

They even discuss the dangers of energy drinks
The dosage of caffeine isn’t out of bounds and even the strongest energy drinks have no more caffeine than two cups of coffee, but drinking them like water isn’t advisable.

However, the list of ingredients often include guarana seed, which is a natural form of caffeine, and ginseng which is believed to increase energy, and ginkgo biloba, an herb believed to increase mental focus. Let’s not forget the sugar. Whether it’s called glucose, fructose or sucrose – it’s all sugar!

Taken alone, in moderation, none of these ingredients have been labeled as dangerous by the medical community. Combined with each other in one drink it may be a different story – and not one with a happy ending.

Certain types of herbs can contribute to energy drink health dangers and are of the most concern to doctors. The potency of natural herbs varies widely depending on species and growing conditions. That’s bad enough, but the true danger of including herbs that are unregulated and untested is the use of pesticides freely allowed in some parts of the world. There is no requirement for manufacturers to state where herbs were grown or what chemical were used in growing them.

Heart arrhythmia and nausea are the most common complaints, but “toxic jock” syndrome has been identified as connected to frequent use of energy drinks. The symptoms are extreme when you consider it might be caused by overuse of a can of carbonated beverage – aggression, substance abuse, and violence. It’s possible these behavioral problems are not directly due to the drinks but to young people who substitute large quantities of energy drinks for sleep.
http://energyfied.com/dangers-of-energy-drinks/

I'm going back to the gym soon & I've found using just protein powder with no other added supplements every morning to be the most helpful.

Last edited:
I'm going back to the gym soon & I've found using just protein powder with no other added supplements every morning to be the most helpful.

I love my protein drink after I work out. I make it with plain unsweetened coconut/almond milk and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. It keeps me full until lunch time.

I love my protein drink after I work out. I make it with plain unsweetened coconut/almond milk and 2 teaspoons of coconut oil. It keeps me full until lunch time.

I make mine with milk, banana, yogurt & protein powder though every now & then I replace the banana other fruit or the milk with carrot juice.

I'm a strong advocate of eating pure foods. I've been a healthy eater and exerciser all my adult life and to have to start taking potential "poison" (ie. AEDs) totally went against my way of thinking. I've relaxed a little, and realized it's for my own good to take the medication, but as for adding more impurities into my system by way of energy drinks or other non-medical supplements I draw the line. I have found staying away from processed foods, reducing sugar and fat, and eating whole foods is the safest way to maximize energy levels. I do drink protein and fruit/veg. drinks, but I make my own.

I used to make it with skim milk but unsweetened coconut/almond milk has only 35 calories per 8 ounces and is thick and creamy, skim milk, 80 calories and thin and watery. I still use the milk in my coffee. 1/2 coffee, 1/2 milk.

It really is the coconut oil that makes all the difference in keeping me filled up until it's time for lunch.

People I was just wondering if you've tried this product or not...THAT'S ALL!

I HAVE A HEALTHY DIET!!! :)

Only supplements I use are Fish Oil and Whey (Designer Whey because it doesn't have any artificial junk in it)...also Vitamin-D cuz I'm photosensitive (don't get much sun if any)

But yeah I'm taking a crap and gonna shower and head to the store...gotta do some shopping

Last edited:
Sorry, MrE, I was bored, so I looked it all up so forgive me for sharing what I found:

Huperzine: "In clinical trials, cholinergic adverse reactions have been noted, including hyperactivity, nasal obstruction, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, insomnia, anxiety, dizziness, thirst, and constipation. One trial reported abnormalities in electrocardiogram patterns (cardiac ischemia and arrhythmia). http://www.drugs.com/npc/huperzine-a.html

Toxicities
Symptoms of acute toxicity are similar to those of other cholinergic inhibitors and include muscular tremor, drooling, tears, increased bronchial secretions, and incontinence. No mutagenicity or teratogenicity were found in rodent studies."

5-HTP "Other potential side effects of 5-HTP include heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, drowsiness, sexual problems, and muscle problems.

Down syndrome: There are reports of 5-HTP causing seizures in some people with Down syndrome. In one group studied, 15% of people with Down syndrome receiving long-term 5-HTP treatment experienced seizures." http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-suppl...veIngredientId=794&activeIngredientName=5-HTP

Ginko biloba: "Anticonvulsant medications -- High doses of ginkgo could decrease the effectiveness of anticonvulsant therapy, such as carbamazepine (Tegretol) or valproic acid (Depakote), in controlling seizures." http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb-interaction/possible-interactions-with-ginkgo-biloba

Last edited:
Thanks but I don't need all this information...I've decided I'm not going to try this product afterall...

but yeah guys feel free to discuss anything you want further...I'm gonna read my book and pass out...I have a headache

Last edited:
Lol I just came up with a bad "joke"..."Eboost" as in "Epilepsy boost" as in increasing your seizure activity because of all the stimulants...assuming this impacts your Epilepsy negatively...

I actually keep clicking on this thread thinking it says, "Ecoboost". Its normal to talk engines on the racing forums, but not CWE. :ponder::roflmao:

I use Whey on and off, too. I don't know if it really helps, but it eases a hungry tummy. :D
I need to get more....

I need to get up and do my chores...I hurt my shoulder from spazzing out yesterday and couldn't do them...I'm feeling better today though...my shoulder I mean...

Hell I feel so good I could hack up a million zombies...but I'd rather use that energy in a more constructive manner rather than destructive :)

Last edited:
First thing in the morning I will have a scoop of Gourmet Chocolate Designer Whey with a tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a banana with cinnamon...then about an hour later I'LL EAT BREAKFAST...usually an omelet...throughout the day I will usually eat 3-4 times depending on the day...on my workout days I take a scoop of whey about 20 minutes after my workout with another tablespoon of natural peanut butter and a banana with cinnamon...I'll usually have 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter a day...but throughout the day I EAT GOOD NUTRITIOUS FOOD...including all the things I just mentioned...yep!

DON'T FORGET TO DRINK PLENTY OF CLEAN FILTERED WATER...AHHH REFRESHING! :)

Last edited:
You eat healthy. I eat crap. :roflmao:

I need to step it up.

You don't need to do anything you don't want to do...continue eating crap and drinking beer...you're paying the consequences as we speak...

However if you do decide to stop making careless decisions about your health then you have my full support...otherwise stop kidding yourself :)

Do you mix those ingredients in a blender? I invested in a blender called a 'Magic Bullet' that looks like it is very well made to mix vegetables, fruit and other healthy stuff.

Thanks for posting for the 'EBoost' drink. That has absolutely no warnings specifically about epilepsy. I went into the site and found it had ginseng. I avoid that like the plague.

Do you mix those ingredients in a blender? I invested in a blender called a 'Magic Bullet' that looks like it is very well made to mix vegetables, fruit and other healthy stuff.

Yup. A blender works best.

A friend of mine on the West Coast has a magic bullet so I got to use it every morning when I went to visit them. It worked really well. I did like how it worked as the blender & then the cup too. It made for less dishes to wash.

Funny how I was just off to make my drink when you posted this.

Back
Top Bottom