Eeg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

tinyfrogs

New
Reaction score
I finally got my EEG done yesterday. I was suppose to be last month and got moved but I've been waiting for much longer to get one. If a new neurologist hadn't moved here I'd still be waiting so I'm just grateful I was able to see her. She had gone ahead and prescribed aptiom in the meantime since I had so many seizure symptoms. It says it is basically refined trileptal but I felt like I was doing better on trileptal than I am with aptiom. I have another appointment with her next week and will find out the results then.

If you felt better on Trileptal, ask about Oxtellar XR. It is somewhat of a blend of the two, but my wife did MUCH better when she was switched. It is oxcarbaxapine XR, so the smoother delivery seems to make it much more tolerable for her (plus it's once a day). When my wife was on Aptiom, she didn't feel nearly as good as Oxtellar (or Trileptal for that matter).

Sorry I didn't see this sooner. Thanks I will keep that in mind for the next time I see her. For now she switched me back to trileptal after the aptiom started causing some side effects I couldn't deal with. I had some other med changes too and it seems I finally have some doctors who are willing to start communicating with each other.

Back
Top Bottom