Emergen-C Good/Bad??

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Anyone take Emergen-C? I bought a box as it has great B-vitamins and a ton of C. I thought this might help as I don't take a multi-vitamin (just 50 others). Thanks for the advice.---LMT

Hi LMT! Yes, I've used that product. I usually only use it when the kids at school are starting to get sick. Something to help boost my immune system..I've had no problems with it. Oh! And I used to take it when my wrist pain would flare up...My wrist was damaged in a car accident. I didn't even realize it at the time. It happened when I placed my hand on the dash when the driver braked suddenly. We avoided the accident, but my wrist was a little tender. Then about a year later, my wrist started to hurt whenever it would get really cold, and my wrist had limited mobility. So I talked to my doc. (GP) and he said he could prescribe me something, but if it was damage due to bracing my fall, then it was going to be a long term issue. So I asked if there was anything else I could use...you know, not a prescription. He said to try 1000 mg. of vitamin C and MSM (for a week at a time, then after that, only as needed. ). I tried it...and it worked. :) Every once in a while my wrist gets stiff, but no pain..and the stiffness goes away if I get my vit. C and MSM.

Thank you!!!!

I'm thrilled to try it. I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't on the "NO NO" list!--LMT

I actually had some today to try & fight off this cold, at least I hope it's just a cold *sniff*

Back
Top Bottom