Epilepsy Monitoring at Vanderbilt

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

PLBaxter

New
Reaction score
I will be admitted within the next couple of months to Vanderbilt Hospital epilepsy monitoring unit for study. I am worried and confused as to what exactly this will entail. I will be alone during this process and when I come out of the seizures, I tend to have no memory of anything or anyone around me. What my Neurologist and I do know at this moment is that my seizures do last for longer than what he says is "normal" for seizure activity. What he cannot tell me at this time is the usual duration of length of stay and what methods that they will use to provoke the seizures since mine are suspected to be hormonally based. Does anyone here have any experience or insight that they can share about this?

Back
Top Bottom