Essential oils....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jaysmom

New
Reaction score
I have said in the past that my son Jason, along with seizures has a horrible time with sleep. He can fall asleep no problem and have the first couple hours of good sleep then forget it....hours of up and down and such.
We tried last night for the first time an essential oil. My best friend uses them daily for a multiple of things so thought we would try.
Marjoram ~one drop rubbed into the bottom of each foot and one drop on the back of his neck on the hairline when he went to bed to read his book lastnight.
I must say, I am impressed! NOt only was he in a good sleep all night, but he was actually awake before i went in to wake him for school this morning. Because he sleeps off and on most nights it is a struggle to get him up in the morning. Today was the first morning that he was up when I went in and slept well and felt well....
Awsome!!
Cross your fingers for us that it will continue to work and he will get some sleep to function each day:banana:

Good luck with this!

I would like to know his progress, because I, too, am having the same issue. I am awake about every hour. The most I've slept in a row during the last month was 3 hours. By 4:00 in the afternoon I'm exhausted, and in bed by 8:30.
I take melatonin but it's not helping any longer.

you betcha! i know that many people with and without epilepsy have sleeping issues so thought it would be handy to post. we have till the 5th of march before we see the pediatrician again so going to try every night till then and see if we can get it under control before he is put on meds for it! never hurts to try :)

my best friend has been using them for over a year. she gets them from WWW.forevergreen.org (the name of the oils are foreveryoung essentialoils )
-they oils are 100% pure premium grade organic from the USA.
-the marjoram oil that we used is wild-crafted oil from Turkey.

i just checked that web address (its on the bottle) the site seems to have changed??? you cant see the product and info anymore....not sure why

Back
Top Bottom