Exploring the Gut-Brain Connection and Photosensitivity

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith, even the ancient people had rituals of cleanliness, where they vaguely recognized the value of refraining from parasitic foods unless cooked thoroughly, of keeping types of food separate, so that there is no cross contamination, and for bathing regularly.

Yet seizures were experienced.
Show me the brain/gut connection.

OK folks. CWE is a very forgiving and open medium for people to discuss ideas, but CWE is foremost a peer support forum. I've gotten too many complaints from members about the discussion in this thread spoiling the waters. I'm going to close it down now.

Keith, I appreciate that you are exploring an idea that might explain a preventable root cause for some forms of epilepsy. I hope you continue in your research and share with us from time to time when you can post something that your most skeptical friends will find enlightening (ie. any claims validly sourced).

For everyone else, please don't get so caught up in dogging on someone that you become blind to the bigger picture. I saw too many comments chastizing Keith as if he was claiming that his idea was "the" answer for all forms of epilepsy. That type of criticism shouldn't discourage people from exploring whether the idea might have some validity for certain cases. Many epilepsy treatments started out with (or maintain) a very narrow focus on the epilepsy spectrum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom