Eye Dr found something

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
How do I start this? Ok, starting right around Christmas I started having these massive, sometimes not so bad, headaches that are kind of like the headaches after a big TC. They last anywhere from 5 minutes to 5 days. I've said to people I've pretty much had a headache since mid December, literaly.

So I went to the eye dr on Monday and he said that my eyes, although changed, weren't in bad condition but that there was a problem. The peripheral vision test showed an abnormality. He said when explaining it make a plus sign and the problem is immediately on the right side of the top line. It wasn't there in '07 right about a year after my first seizure.

My last seizure was between August and November (wife is sleeping and I can never remember) of '09 and my personal physician said it sounds as if it is related to that. We decided it isn't migraines. I see a neurologist March 1st and go from there.

My question is, has anyone had anything similar or heard of something like this. My PP seemed quite concerned and I've gone to him since I was 6/7 years old and I've only seen him act this professional with me when it was possible I had had a heart attack. So this gets me and my wife rather scared.

Be well and safe my friends!! :D

I think your eye doc is being conscientious. There are a number of things that can cause peripheral vision loss, including age, migraines, certain medications, cranial pressure, and changes to the arteries that oxygenate the eye.

Some people have major post-seizure headaches, even ones that last a number of days. Are your headaches on both sides of the head, or only on the side where the vision loss was noted? Make sure to let your neurologist know.

Back
Top Bottom