Eye glass lenses?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

notime

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently got my eyes checked out, and I need glasses (still can't wait). Anyway, I got the frames with no frame at the bottom and the salesperson told me that it would crack around the edges since there's no frame with ordinary plastic and said polycarbonate would be better.

This got me worried, because if I fell and had another seizure then I may break them and get it into my eye. She said that polycarbonate lenses falls out instead of chip and crack. What lenses do you recommend? I got the polycarbonate, but I am still hearing pros and cons about them.

Thanks

full frame lenses, the half frames will cut your face. spend the money, nice heavy frames are less likely to break, or bend. but they will take your face with them instead, it is why oakley doesn't make steel frames anymore. I have broken both orbitals. and have scars on both sides . I have polycarbonate lenses, i ride a bike, and have blatantly abused the insurance and replacement policy for my glasses.

I already got my glasses frames picked out, and I can't stand the frames at the bottom since I'm constantly reading down. Anyway, it's too late but I did get polycarbonate. Guess if it happens it happens. :/

Polycarbonate is the best to put in any glasses frame. Our eye dr recommends them but especially for kids because they are so active and have accidents easily. I always got them even before I started having seizures.

Back
Top Bottom