fever

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Ann T.

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
At what temperature should I be cautious about possibly having a febrile seizure/fever related seizure? The highest temp I've endured is 103.2. Take care! ~Ann

Ann, I think you should contact your doctor and ask what they feel is a comfortable temp.
While a temp is a good thing, being that it is the bodies natural defense to kill viruses. Still you should discuss this with your medical doctor and come up with a number that you both are comfortable with.

My kids doctors always told me that it was more about how they felt than a particular number. So I would hope if it were to get to that point that there would be someone around you when you were ill that you could ask to help you make these decisions.

Rebecca recently had a 102.5 fever and did not have any seizures. I am sure it differs for everyone. Everybodies threshold is different.

I would be concerned!

Ann,

That is a little high and that will push your seizure threshhold up to where you could have a seizure! I was working at a camp with a fever that high and the only thing they could to bring it down. Is pack me in ice for a while it took all night to bring down my fever too!
David

Back
Top Bottom