Fever due to medication-- what does everyone else do?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Garbo

Stalwart
Reaction score
Hey everyone! I haven't really been around due to being busy and just generally overwhelmed.

Zonegran is causing me to run a fever (right now it's 100 degrees with ibuprofen) and have "flu-like symptoms." I just feel under the weather with aches and pains, but I'm not sick. I've felt like this for the past month, until it dawned on me it might be one of the medications I take.

Does anyone else experience this and what do you do? Fellow grad students are always worried I will get them sick despite what I tell them (epilepsy is not contagious!), but I'm more so worried I will have a seizure. I don't teach again until Wednesday so I'm going to see if the fever will go down.

Any recommendations or help is really appreciated!

Have you had a white blood cell count done? You could have a low grade infection somewhere in your body like your lungs or your lymph nodes without feeling "sick" per se.

I agree with AB, get checked out by your doc if possible.

I had other issues with Zonegran, but never fever. It can dehydrate you, so make sure you are getting enough fluids.

Back
Top Bottom