Flashing Lights Auras?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Has anyone ever experienced flashing lights in an Aura? I don't mean like strobe light effects, I mean like you are in a lighted room and suddenly see the lights dim like they would if the power were being affected in a storm, only there is no storm?

Can this be after effects of an EEG? I think that's happened to me cause the lights look like they briefly dim but no one else sees it or maybe they just didn't notice. lol

It sounds like it could be a photosensitive reaction, especially if the lights in the room are fluorescents. They don't need to be obviously flashing in order to trigger a reaction.

I experience flashing lights in my peripheral vision that move to my entire left eye. This turns into a black blob for a minute or so. Then it goes away and other symptoms appear (nausea, uneasiness, etc)

Back
Top Bottom