Focus Problems Still Happening Hours After a Seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I had seizures in the really early hours of this morning, and it's almost 5:00PM now and I'm still struggling to focus on things and understand a project for school I'm supposed to be working on. I'm really new to this whole epilepsy thing. Is this normal?

Hey. What kind of seizure did you have? Regardless, seizures can effect you for minutes, hors, days, etc. I wouldnt say its worrysome to still feel rough. Mot seizures I woukd have were pretty tame, so little to no after-effects. On the other hand, the first T/C set me up for a rough couple days.

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I know you probably just want to lay down and not do a damn thing.

Sit down, relax, close your eyes and calmy, smothly, take slow breaths. Let them get slower with each breath. Maybe that will help you focus.

I just saw dr today - sz was on the 8th, still feel unsure/fuzzy. She said it's normal even after this amount of time as I had a pretty big couple of szs. So as N Sperlo says, breath and be calm. It's OK

Thank you, guys. It's been a strange few months for sure. I'm really glad that there's nothing to be worried about with this particular day.

You know, when I first saw this thread, I thought I was actually going to diagnose a car... :roflmao:

Feeling any better?

Back
Top Bottom