footprint seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

grandote

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I had my second EEG on Monday and saw my doctor on Tuesday. I guess that I had another abnormal EEG. She called what showed up foot prints of seizures. She wanted to try another medicine. My husband and I want to know for sure whether I'm having seizures. Because she has not witnessed one, she can't say for sure if that's what I'm experiencing. I may be a person who will always have abnormal EEG's. The other stuff could be all stress and sleep deprivation related. I really don't want to be taking any type of medicine if it's not needed.

Next Thursday, I will be doing a 48 hour EEG test at the hospital. I guess they will be trying to induce a seizure by sleep deprivation. I'm nervous about being away from my kids, but I'm very confident that I'm heading in the right direction.

If anyone has any information regarding foot print seizures on the EEG, I'd love to hear back.

Thanks for listening!
Kay

OK, here's what I think

your doc means when she says "footprints of seizures". Mind you, this isn't a TYPE of seizure. What I THINK she's trying to say to you is that according to the EEG that you have had done, there are indications, be they spikes, waves, or whatever, that you ARE having seizure activity of some kind.

Just because a full-fledged seizure does NOT occur during the EEG does NOT mean that seizure activity WONT show up on the EEG.....on the contrary, it just MIGHT, and it sounds like it DID. Which is good for you, because a lot of epileptics, myself included, go for years (40 in my case) without ANY seizure activity showing up on their EEGS..........

Have I confused you more? Man, I hope not........

Meetz

Let's confuse us a little more. Even though you don't see activity on an EEG doesn't mean that you don't have seizures either.

I know of stories where they see a person with low blood pressure and they want to give that person medicine when they have had low blood pressure their whole life and done just fine.

Your brain could be going through an instability, and from Rebecca's experience, neurofeedback has made it much more stable.

So from my stand point, meds aren't always the best first choice. Of course the doctors want you under control, and this is the quickest and easiest way for them to do that.

Back
Top Bottom